The sweet spot. Baseball players call that spot on the bat that will knock a home run. Golfers have the same thing as well. I am sure athletes reading this are laughing at my metaphoric attempt. But there is something so good about living in that sweet spot as a child of God. Do you know what I am talking about? It is those moments you can actually see your Lord orchestrating everything. Good and bad. For instance today, I was going in to meet everyone I would be working with starting next week. As I was driving there I was praying so hard for my "Frankie" or my "Shelia" to be at this new place. Lord is it too much to ask? Let me first tell you what I have in those two friends. Frankie and I have been friends long before I worked at the church. Here is just one example of why you want Frankie as a friend. The moment I found out about my Mom, Frankie dropped everything, ran to me and let me yell, cuss, fill up with anger, cry, melt, collapse. She was my stability in the middle of a horrible earthquake. She has never stopped doing that for me. We can laugh about and pray for the men we love so much. I can talk to her about anything and pretty much have! Our Moms are going through the same thing just different addresses. She is real never fake. Then there is Shelia. Shelia is like the big sister I never had. I have received more Godly counsel from that lady than I have most preachers I have sat under. When you are her friend you become part of the family. The one thing that never ceased to amaze me is that we think so much alike. And funny? Oh my gosh! After you talk to her you feel like you have been hugged! I will desperately miss that daily even though Larry, Moe and Curly will remind true! I love you. But like a kid starting her first day of school, I was praying to my Daddy....Will they like me? Will I have someone to play with? Will they accept me....my warped sense of humor and all? Oh but then there is the sweet spot. I got so busy in the business end of why I was there, I didn't even catch it at first. The jokes, the laughter, the common ground. It hit me all at once. As I talked to some of the people, it was as if I have known them all my life. They were so nice. Now nothing can or ever will replace the love and friendship I have found in Moe and Larry but isn't just like my Lord to ease the journey for His servant. Thank you Father! So much more to blog about but I think I would just like to remain in the sweet spot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
January
(31)
- The sweet spot
- Sorry one more thing....
- You know you are old when....
- You know you hit a nerve when........
- To be or not to be......
- Now what?
- Wow! What a week...
- Momma says "Stupid is as stupid does"
- Oompa Loopa Doopity Doo
- "I'm gonna make her an offer she can't refuse" Cap...
- The Great Debate PART 3
- An Evening with my Mom
- The Great Debate Part 2
- The Great Debate Part 1
- People who think they know what they’re doing are ...
- Wow!
- And then there was peace....
- What a week!
- Alice in Wonderland
- Fetch This!
- No matter what you do there will be critics and co...
- Isn't she lovely....so beautiful
- Dinosaurs say bite me, scratch me, make me sad
- Watch out for the mush.....
- Lord, Whatever It Takes Make Me Like You.....
- Back To The Future
- Is anyone listening out there?
- Thanks for the memories.....
- For those of you who have my sense of humor......
- Would you like to try some SCOOTERS?
- Should old acquaintance be forgot.......
-
▼
January
(31)
No comments:
Post a Comment