Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You know you are old when....

This is for my sweet cuz, Erin, who laughs at my blog. She says she knows "physically" exactly how I am saying it. She can see my hands flying in the air! For those who don't know me I talk alot with my hands. Anyway, Erin.....you know you are old when you go and get a new cell phone and can not figure out how to work the thing! I consider myself somewhat intelligent but my teenager had to figure it out for me! This was such a great day! We laughed so hard at the cell phone store. At one point I had the phone upside down...no kidding! (Erin quit laughing.) Meg and I spent the day together. I got to watch her take her yearbook pictures, shop til we drop.....and of course once again...laugh! At one point, Meg put her arm in mine and said Mom..."this is just the best day ever!" Do you know how much it means to kids whether you work outside the home or in the home to dedicate a day just for them? Do you know how much it means to this Mom to have her teen's full attention? I am so blessed! O.k. I can hear the negative comments already.....wasn't she suppose to be in school? Well, read above and you will find she was in school for a short time....the yearbook pictures. But then I proudly checked her out and played hooky. The kid makes straights "A"s! It is allowed every once in awhile. For those who don't live around here, I am so proud of our tiny school system. The teachers and principal at my child's school really involve themselves in the lives of these students. For the most part, they are open about their Christianity and allow the kids to do the same. Every school has it problems but I proudly say Go Cardinals! As if I need ANOTHER reason to do what I did today but trust me...this was the best reason...my Mom reminded me to take a day aside before the new stuff starts next week and steal Megan away from the world. It is so very very cool to have a Mom who totally 100% gets it! Well, it is back to the training manual on my phone. I hope tomorrow I will be able to figure out how to answer it.

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!