O.k. I have to rant just a little. I am not questioning any human being on the face of this planet more than I am questioning myself! Why have we become so empathetic? Do we care? I know that if I allow everyone's divorce, diseases, financial woes, wayward children, abusive husbands, friend battles, etc. to filter in I would go nuts! If you let all the hurts in then you could not function. But shutting down completely also makes our walk, makes this life incomplete and makes us so very hallow. I have seen some "BIG" stuff happen in the past two months and nobody seems to care. I am not just talking about work stuff. The clincher for me was at church today, as I watched two people discussing three different situations. One person had cancer, another was going to have surgery and another had just had a horrible blow given to them by the judicial system. The person who was telling this story was listing it like a grocery list.....I need eggs, butter and a loaf of bread. The person who was receiving this information gave the most excruciating answer to my ears...."Oh, I would hate to be them." YOUR NOT! Be grateful, praise God you are not walking in those three families shoes. The initial storyteller laughed and said you are so right! Again, forgive my ranting but this scenario reminded me once again that trials happen to people NOT just to teach them valuable lessons but to also teach those around them to care, to love, to pray, to give an ear, a shoulder, to feel....just to feel. When things were at the craziest just a few short weeks ago, a dear friend of mine said "nobody will come to the rescue because nobody will care." I must admit I didn't believe her....there has to be a point..a bottomline that is just too much...or maybe empathy is a huge deep well of blackness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
January
(31)
- The sweet spot
- Sorry one more thing....
- You know you are old when....
- You know you hit a nerve when........
- To be or not to be......
- Now what?
- Wow! What a week...
- Momma says "Stupid is as stupid does"
- Oompa Loopa Doopity Doo
- "I'm gonna make her an offer she can't refuse" Cap...
- The Great Debate PART 3
- An Evening with my Mom
- The Great Debate Part 2
- The Great Debate Part 1
- People who think they know what they’re doing are ...
- Wow!
- And then there was peace....
- What a week!
- Alice in Wonderland
- Fetch This!
- No matter what you do there will be critics and co...
- Isn't she lovely....so beautiful
- Dinosaurs say bite me, scratch me, make me sad
- Watch out for the mush.....
- Lord, Whatever It Takes Make Me Like You.....
- Back To The Future
- Is anyone listening out there?
- Thanks for the memories.....
- For those of you who have my sense of humor......
- Would you like to try some SCOOTERS?
- Should old acquaintance be forgot.......
-
▼
January
(31)
No comments:
Post a Comment