You can't say I didn't warn you this morning that I would be long winded. Consider yourself warned. Today I resigned from my job. It broke my heart. Don't get me wrong. I am praising God for His wonderful blessing upon my life and my family's life. They needed this as much I did but it is still heartbreaking. Which brings me to the title of this blog. Because even though I am walking away from something I believe is horribly broken, I have left people in it. What is maddening is that I am not leaving them in it to fix it but just to exist in it...survive on life support. This makes me very sad. Exciting for my future, apprehension...yes..but heartbreak for those who will try to try! How did we get here? Simple.....self, power, greed. Why is it if we KNOW the same children keep breaking our toys that we continually let them borrow them? After awhile, the wise quit letting the children have their most prized treasures. I know it can be tough when the kids are bullies but we all know that standing up to the bullies usually back them into a humbling corner. Otherwise, they are going to keep on breaking your toys until they don't work anymore. You're left with one armed barbies and hot wheels without wheels. I know I have analogyitis right now but I feel I am having an out of body experience. You know what I am talking about. Your favorite medical show and the person dies and they are right above the body looking at themselves on the table battered and bruised.....normally the peaceful scene is interrupted with chest paddles and someone screaming clear just in time to be zapped back into life. I just believe that I finally flatlined. My heart is heavy for what could have been. Some may argue that this is exactly what God wanted in the first place. Oh...I will argue with you! Because I do believe just as God gave me those beautiful choices, He does the same to every human being on this planet each with a set of consequences and dilemmas. It is your choice. CHOOSE LOVE. CHOOSE COMPASSION. Walk a mile in your brother or sister shoes. How does your decisions effect them? Find out! Love them enough to ask! Love them! LOVE! We are an extension, a beautiful mouthpiece and life example of our Savior. How are we representing Him? Tough decisions have to be made. Bad stuff does happen. It is how we handle the tough decisions and bad stuff that tell others what my Lord is all about! My Lord is not a bully. My Lord hung out with the common folk. My Lord loved me enough to ask His child how all these decisions effected her, blessed her, and started the healing process. I had someone to ask me how bad I have been burned? Let's see is it first degree, second degree, THE TRAUMA CENTER. All I know is that I am still struggling with the "But God?" moments when I still see the ones I love still in it...struggling. But God I am good at this....BUT GOD this is so unfair...BUT GOD....how does this bring you glory? And then quickly I am reminded of a beautiful Mom who said...."BUT GOD....if this is what you want me to go through to bring You glory....O.k." The body may be removed from the situation but the heart and spirit will still be there praying, cheering and fighting for the injustice. God needs people He can work through to put the arms back on the Barbies and put on a new outfit too....put the wheels back on the hot wheels where it can ride again and help them fight the bullies from ever touching the toys again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
January
(31)
- The sweet spot
- Sorry one more thing....
- You know you are old when....
- You know you hit a nerve when........
- To be or not to be......
- Now what?
- Wow! What a week...
- Momma says "Stupid is as stupid does"
- Oompa Loopa Doopity Doo
- "I'm gonna make her an offer she can't refuse" Cap...
- The Great Debate PART 3
- An Evening with my Mom
- The Great Debate Part 2
- The Great Debate Part 1
- People who think they know what they’re doing are ...
- Wow!
- And then there was peace....
- What a week!
- Alice in Wonderland
- Fetch This!
- No matter what you do there will be critics and co...
- Isn't she lovely....so beautiful
- Dinosaurs say bite me, scratch me, make me sad
- Watch out for the mush.....
- Lord, Whatever It Takes Make Me Like You.....
- Back To The Future
- Is anyone listening out there?
- Thanks for the memories.....
- For those of you who have my sense of humor......
- Would you like to try some SCOOTERS?
- Should old acquaintance be forgot.......
-
▼
January
(31)
No comments:
Post a Comment