Tuesday, January 29, 2008

You know you hit a nerve when........

O.k. I have to start off with a funny Balentine story. Our cell phone contract is up! PRAISE GOD! My kids are so excited about switching company and getting new phones. So we were discussing this with much enthusiasm while Jeff was playing guitar on Rock Band. I want a Juke. I want a Venus. I want a Chocolate. All the names were being listed! Megan looked at her Dad and said "which one do you want Daddy?" I love my husband so much! He looked at her with love and sarcasm all rolled into one......"I want the one called a phone." Oh so funny! Anyway, change is definitely in the air. I am excited about some major changes coming to our family. It is so nice to be the one shaking the etch-a-sketch clean instead of other people doing it for me. I have been returning calls and emails all day from being out of town. There is alot of questioning people out there and they know right now truth is what I am searching for as well. I wish you could hear some of their messages and read some of their emails. I wouldn't dare betray their confidences but I can't begin to tell you how encouraging it is to hear the amount of intelligent, thought-provoking and GOD HONORING searching going on. It is like there has been a major freeze and the thaw has begun! Praise God! There are alot of great people out there who love our Lord and want to serve HIS church with everything in them. You are needed! Now for my title.....You know you hit a nerve when....YOU are threatened for blogging. NO KIDDING! Now normally I wouldn't give my silly protester press but I have to tell what is so funny. After reading email after beautiful email and just having these incredible conversations with Godly servants of my Lord.....and then read this one threatening email... you know what my husband and I did at the same time???????? LAUGHED OUT LOUD. I MEAN LAUGHED OUR HEADS OFF. O.k. Hold on.....laughing more. Whew! o.k. now I am composed. That is what is so wrong!!! I see someone jumping up and down saying "Stop it or I won't play with you any more" Guess what? I was never playing! This was never a game! One of my dearest friends who doesn't even come to my church (she lives out of town) said this to me "Remember not to go numb..keep feeling....because even though it can be sickening even make you nauseous caring.....I would rather be sick from caring than sick OF caring."

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!