Saturday, January 5, 2008

Thanks for the memories.....

I am tearing up as I post this blog....not just tears of sadness but of joy. My daughter was finally over her illness and hadn't seen her Nana. She didn't want to give her Nana her virus. So off we went to spend some time with her. We took her a new book. She was so excited. She said she would start that moment we left. Was she trying to get rid of us quick?.......just kidding! I know she would hate for me to go into details especially for the world to see, but there is something so obvious about my Mom went you first see her.......CANCER. She looks like a cancer patient. Beautiful? Yes! Brave? There is none braver. But just for a moment....when you first see her...you take in what the disease has done to her. A little more tired. A little more pale. A lot less hair. Cancer is ugly. Cancer is brutal. Cancer is CRUEL. I loathe everything about it. But then after just a few minutes I am back with my Mom. She is wrapped up in every aspect of her daughter and Megan! She loves details of our lives. Even the ones that would bore most! My Mom has been going through pictures. She has stacks of them for each of my brothers and myself. What started as a 5 second...."hey look at this picture I found"....turned into 2 1/2 hours of looking through our lives. Memories...dances...graduation...weddings....funerals...birthday parties...trips to the zoos, lake, "just because" shots and of course the inevitable naked baby shots! I really have the best parents in the world, who sacrificed it all that my brothers and I could have! What they ended up giving us can never be measured in currency or possessions. It is pure, unconditional love! My Mom was a gorgeous teenager. A "sexy" High School Senior. A beautiful bride. Megan couldn't believe her dress! "Ahhhhh Nana you were hot!" My Dad very affectionally said "she still is!" And now she is a beautiful Mom and Grandmother even with this horrific disease. Thank you for a great day Momma!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!