This has been an absolutely great week. There were so many things bidding for my attention, however, I set everything aside and concentrated on my family. Each day was filled with fun, laughter and adventures. Today I spent the day with my Mom. Not at the doctors but running around like two crazy teenagers! We hit all of our favorites, Garden Ridge, Hobby Lobby and Target. We even drove to the other side of town on an adventure for Meg. My Mom is just the coolest woman in the entire world. She was so funny. I have never laughed so much over spotted pigs! Mom, I am still not sure why the pigs were glued together but I am going back to buy them! Oh I am cracking up as I type this. We are BOTH getting the glued pigs to remember this day! And what a day it was! Today, my son came home for the weekend! Jeff and Scott are playing Rockband as I type! It is HOME when Rockband is still going at midnight. All is well! With all that said, I just read the saddest email. When I say I put everything aside, I meant EVERYTHING aside for a week off from the madness. She had heard a bunch of stuff from OTHER people besides me (imagine that)..... some junk alot of truth. Her questions were puzzling. So I emailed her back with what was truth and what was junk. Now before the self righteous hypocrites jump to their own conclusions and call for the blogging police, the junk and the truth was about my Mom. This sweet lady was under the impression my Mom was on life support. Praise God, oh praise God, with her sweet little cap given to her by her friends at West, and even tired and drained, she spent a day laughing with her only daughter over spotted pigs instead of the rumor that was circulating. It wasn't my friend's fault. She only knew what was told to her. She only knew part of the story. See true friends and family are reading for ALL of it not just reading for those "a-ha" moments. True friends and family also know the whole story. They don't pick it apart for their own personal agenda. Some are like me just getting into the whole blogging thing. I absolutely love reading other people's blogs. Not just here locally but across the world. Since I started blogging, I have several family members who have started as well. It is a great way to constantly have "family reunions." You know what I am talking about? Sitting around....telling your story. Now I will be random....I also love the political blogs. This is an exciting year no matter who you vote for. Now I think it is VITAL that you look at their voting record not just what is coming out of their mouth. But the only thing I would plead is ....VOTE! People have fought and sacrificed for that right for you. UTILIZE IT! O.k. that was random! Back to why I blog...I hope I have always been an example to my children (screw ups and all) that I don't back away from a fight I think is worth fighting for. My son quickly reminded me of the same conversation I had with him two years ago. Two years ago, Scott was asked to leave Jesus out of his Valedictorian's Speech by scared, weak people. Now they didn't have the legal right to do that. It didn't stop them from trying to intimidate him into doing what they asked. They didn't care! It wasn't his Dad and I that fought the fight. It wasn't the attorney we hired who fought it......it was Scott. We left the decision completely up to him. We knew we could ask him and he would be obedient. But he had to dig deep and realize why he was fighting. This was a road he was going to have to choose to travel or get off. He chose to fight. It wasn't easy. You don't know the phone calls that poor kid received. You don't know the people who tried to intimidate him in school before graduation. But it was the ones who knew the whole story who were fighting along beside him giving him air under those wings. And boy, did he fly! The struggle, the truth, the fight made him a better man. Today, he is not afraid of running to the roar. I truly believe in those crossroads you make decisions that can impact lifetimes. Do you know how many times when I state my last name, strangers, will say "hey do you know that Balentine kid from Munford....the one who wouldn't back down from praising Jesus?" Oh yea I do......that's my kid! What an example! Well, speaking of him....he is singing "the Who" with his Dad. I think that is funnier than the spotted pigs! I love my life! he he he he
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
February
(16)
- I love my warped friends...
- Totally random day...totally random post
- Check that one off my list......
- Integrity for sale.....as long as the end justifie...
- Week in Review
- Right before my eyes.....
- This was a good day!
- When it finally hits you....
- Doris Marie Feathers Graves.....My Mom
- And then things not to laugh about.....
- Laughter really is the best medcine!
- Music!!!
- Here I stand....neither brave or fearful.....just ...
- Out of the mouths of babes.....
- Ssssh....they will never know what hit them
- Busy week, Spotted Pigs, Life and such
-
▼
February
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment