I can't believe this week my son turns 20! I actually have a kid who is no longer in his teens. I could not be prouder of my children. They are so much alike and yet as different as night and day. They are both hilarious. They have their own inside jokes (I am sure alot dealing with their parental units) and their own language. I love to hear them laugh with each other. It makes me smile! He will be home this Friday and begin the weekend of spoiling!! We are going to his favorite restaurant BIG FOOT and of course his birthday is going green (cash that is!). The best birthday gift ever! He thinks life is going by so slowly and I believe it is rushing by at warp speed. I tell my children all the time, "You make being a Momma fun." I truly love being their Mom. They have it together so much better than I did at either one of their ages. They are more driven, focused and dedicated to their dreams and ambitions. Jeff and I have one philosophy when it comes to raising our children.....Does it glorify our Lord and does it make their lives better? Scott now lives his life by that standard. Do you know how much that makes me happy? So Happy Birthday my man child. You are going places I never dreamed! And we couldn't be prouder of the man you have become. February 22, 1988 they placed a shivering, crying little baby boy in my arms and with the sound of your Dad and my voice you stopped crying. I hope you know you will always hear love, pride, encouragement, comfort in our voices towards you. This is just the beginning of the some of greatest years of your life. Dream big and know you, my son, are greatly loved!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
February
(16)
- I love my warped friends...
- Totally random day...totally random post
- Check that one off my list......
- Integrity for sale.....as long as the end justifie...
- Week in Review
- Right before my eyes.....
- This was a good day!
- When it finally hits you....
- Doris Marie Feathers Graves.....My Mom
- And then things not to laugh about.....
- Laughter really is the best medcine!
- Music!!!
- Here I stand....neither brave or fearful.....just ...
- Out of the mouths of babes.....
- Ssssh....they will never know what hit them
- Busy week, Spotted Pigs, Life and such
-
▼
February
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment