Sunday, February 24, 2008

Integrity for sale.....as long as the end justifies the means....

I love intellectual debates. I bet you are no different from me, that some debates you feel better equipped to handle than others. I absolutely hate knowing what I desire to say and can't intelligently compose the words. It is infuriating especially if it is something I am so passionate about. I have several friends who are professionals and I delight in conversation with them. We discuss different religions, politics, marriage, and on and on. One of my friends in particular is passionate about integrity especially within public office or within the church. We were discussing politicians and how they are the master manipulators especially right now with this being an important election year. My argument was no matter how you try to protect against it even within the church integrity is for sale as long as the end justifies the mean. Here is where the debate started. Did we quit fighting for integrity or did we surrender? My friend stated there IS a difference. I debated that to quit fighting or surrendering is the same thing. Not true he said .... to quit fighting is a personal defeat but to surrender is handing the victory over to your opponent. I think there are times when you should stop fighting but we should never surrender to what we know is right especially within the church. So what happens when you combine politicians with the church? That is simple....they know better how to keep their hands clean from it all. They get other people to do their dirty work for them. It was a very convicting debate. My friend said I have never known you to be the type to surrender. The debate went on further to our own daily walks. For instance....when someone who is obviously overweight ask you if they you think they are fat? Lie....and well you lie. Tell the truth and you hurt that person's feelings. What about my friend? He is so dogmatic about telling the truth, he would probably say something to the effect of...."we could all stand to be in better shape but I love _______about you". He is so inspiring to be around. Deception is the practice of deceiving he said. Lies seep into the fiber of who we are and take root. I don't see anything holy, just, or right about that. The deceivers will tell you that you must accept it and move on OR find another playground to play in. That is the work of the enemy not of a Holy Lord. Especially when they were the ones in the first place wanting the "end" that justified the means. They want something so bad they are willing to deceive to get it! Sad very sad. I wouldn't worry about what I thought about such deception but I would care about what my Lord thinks. So did I win this debate? No! Praise God! I appreciated the lesson! I did however do some reflecting on fighting. Even prize fighters have to train, seek counsel and rest before they come back for the fight of their life. Float like a butterfly....sting like a bee...baby...this fighter is in training!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!