One thing the people I work with have figured out about me is that I love to laugh. I find laughter in the most peculiar places. Yes, I am the heartless one that will laugh at you when you trip or when you have toilet tissue hanging off your shoe. This one particular lady I have simply fallen in love with, will make you laugh till you are crying. She is strong and intelligent but boy is she funny! She is one of those people who has a cute country saying for everything. Anyway, she tells me I am about to meet someone who (NO LIE) fell out of deer stand...one month later got hit by a car....and then (in the name of Jesus I am not making this up)...two months later went hunting and accidentally shot himself. What did I do? Well, of course! Laughed and accused her of lying to me. She of course swore on her great grandmother Lulu (also not making this up) that she was telling the truth. She wanted me to know this before I met him where I could get all my laughing out of my system. Until.....he came in and I met him and he proceeded to tell me his story AGAIN! Oh my gosh! She had to leave the room. I kept a very professional face. Of course, I am a professional woman! psssh Now....here would be just how stupid I am, I asked him how he accidentally shot himself??? Why did I ask? You could hear her laughing from the other side of the wall. He proceeded to tell me that he was shooting at the deer but somehow the gun was either in the wrong direction or it bounced off something. I am not sure how I got out of this situation with a straight face but I did! Now as much as I know it is wrong laughing about someone's pain, I can't tell you how much it has been such a blessing just having this lady in my life. She accepted me from day one. There were not any hoops I had to jump through or game playing. She works hard and expects you to do the same. Anything beyond that well that is simply friendship. Now here is the total GOD part! She is taking care of her very sick parents. She understands. She knows what it is like to cry and worry about people you love. She simply understands! She looked back at me after we finally recovered and said "now isn't it nice to laugh in the middle of it all!" Exactly what I needed is exactly what my Lord gave to me. How incredible is that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
February
(16)
- I love my warped friends...
- Totally random day...totally random post
- Check that one off my list......
- Integrity for sale.....as long as the end justifie...
- Week in Review
- Right before my eyes.....
- This was a good day!
- When it finally hits you....
- Doris Marie Feathers Graves.....My Mom
- And then things not to laugh about.....
- Laughter really is the best medcine!
- Music!!!
- Here I stand....neither brave or fearful.....just ...
- Out of the mouths of babes.....
- Ssssh....they will never know what hit them
- Busy week, Spotted Pigs, Life and such
-
▼
February
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment