Could you believe our weather last night? What a night! My heart just breaks for the students and parents of Union University. And for the families of all those who lost loved ones last night. In a moment your whole world can change. Have you been watching any of the stories? Even though it is hard to watch all the horror and damage, it is always so inspiring to hear about the rescues and the rescuers. People who dropped everything to help others in need. I just know that makes my Lord smile. He wants us to get it! He will allow the storms in life to hit to teach, to transform, to refine. I was having a conversation about trials and why we go through them with more than one person tonight. But I especially loved the conversation I had with my daughter. Now for the most part our conversation is not for the entire blogging world to see. But part of it blew my mind! I hope I will never get too prideful that I resist confessing that I learn so much from my children. Out of the mouth of this thirteen year old, I receive so much wisdom. My little lady is at that precious young age where everything should be black or white, right or wrong but old enough to know better. People will twist "their" wrong to be right as long as the end justifies the means. People will hurt other people as long as you can convince enough people that the scandal is worth it as long as....well....the end justifies the means. I didn't have trouble agreeing with her that people will do these things, I just had trouble explaining to her why. We talked about everything from boys (her personal favorite subject), church politics to well regular politicians. It was funny that every topic we talked about basically ended with "they all tell you what they think you want to hear." And out of the mouth of this intelligent young woman...."well all I want to hear is the truth". I love the woman she is becoming. I know just like her brother before her, when the road gets tough she won't be afraid to keep fighting. She will just remember whom she is fighting for.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
February
(16)
- I love my warped friends...
- Totally random day...totally random post
- Check that one off my list......
- Integrity for sale.....as long as the end justifie...
- Week in Review
- Right before my eyes.....
- This was a good day!
- When it finally hits you....
- Doris Marie Feathers Graves.....My Mom
- And then things not to laugh about.....
- Laughter really is the best medcine!
- Music!!!
- Here I stand....neither brave or fearful.....just ...
- Out of the mouths of babes.....
- Ssssh....they will never know what hit them
- Busy week, Spotted Pigs, Life and such
-
▼
February
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment