What a very good day! This was one of those days that just make you smile! My Memphis State (yes, I am old school and proud of it) is still number one and kicked butt in Alabama. Seriously....do the goons who tried to start something after the game actually look at the size of Joey Dorsey's arms? I love stupid people who try to intimidate. It kind of like my situation....do you really want to tick off someone who knows so much? What else....DUKE LOST! O.k. that just makes me sing songs! Today was such a great day at work! I can not even begin to tell you how much I see God's hand in so much! For instance, I believe God trains us for the future. I really do! He knows what our future holds and equips us if we will first recognize He is the trainer. About two years ago, my church participated in Relay For Life. It was a passion of mine! I absolutely love the organization and what it stands for. I had several people to get on board with me including one of our ministers, Johnny Lane. He also had a personal reason why this was dear to his heart. He was invaluable. He was the one that came up with the Nascar theme! You should have seen our redneck Nascar table! It was great! We had -0- money. He even donated a personal expensive gift for the relay. It was definitely a labor of love. My family worked with me sun up to sun down. The choir beautifully participated and when it was all over we raised over $1500.00. Doesn't sound like a lot but trust me it was! It was truly a blessing and one that I thought I would never get to participate again. Well, today at my current job I was asked to be the Relay chairman for our company. We just touched base on it during the interview process and quite frankly I totally forgot about it until today. I have a budget for this! I have an opportunity to involve hundreds of volunteers who already have participated year after year! Two people already share the same passion as myself because of family members who are cancer survivors one of which is a precious child. I just PRAISE HIM that I get another opportunity to share the love of my Lord, the Healer. And to share the testimony of my precious Mom. This weekend I was feeling a bit down. Tired, exhausted and running! What a pick me up! God over and over and over again reminding me why I have you on this road! And last but certainly not least I have had the best week with my family. My son will be home this weekend for his 20th birthday. I am the Mom of a 20 year old!! Anyway....he is just so amazing! I have had the best talks with him this week. Then there is Megan...what can I say about this young woman! She absolutely loves her Nana and spent the afternoon with her. I praise God for the young beautiful woman she is becoming. She is so giving and so selfless. That is hard to find in teenagers now a days. And then there is Jeff. What can I say about my husband. He has totally taken up the slack while I start this new adventure. What a partnership! He is my best friend and the love of my life. This was a very good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
February
(16)
- I love my warped friends...
- Totally random day...totally random post
- Check that one off my list......
- Integrity for sale.....as long as the end justifie...
- Week in Review
- Right before my eyes.....
- This was a good day!
- When it finally hits you....
- Doris Marie Feathers Graves.....My Mom
- And then things not to laugh about.....
- Laughter really is the best medcine!
- Music!!!
- Here I stand....neither brave or fearful.....just ...
- Out of the mouths of babes.....
- Ssssh....they will never know what hit them
- Busy week, Spotted Pigs, Life and such
-
▼
February
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment