Have you seen that movie called "The Bucket List". I haven't mainly because I really don't like Jack Nicholson's acting.....blahhhhh! But I love the concept of a bucket list. "A list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket." At 31 years of age I had a stroke. One of the things they have you do in recovery is make a list of things you want to do before you die. Morbid??? Well kind of..but they hope that you will concentrate on surviving to do these things as opposed to giving up. I am thrilled to say I have completed some of the things on my list. Another one will be checked off next week. Stay tuned next week for an update on what it is. I will be glad to give you complete details. I am excited and apprehensive all at the same time. I believe life is truly an adventure. Your own book ready to be written! I do not believe for one minute that the Christian life was meant to be lived cautiously or fearfully. I did not say carelessly and just plain stupid....but not always in safe mode. This life and all it's complications was meant to be just that......complex. Your adventure doesn't have to be a safari in a far off land. It could be starting a business or a church. Someone who is afraid of heights looking over the edge. Adopting a child or getting a puppy (you don't think that is an adventure...try it!) Maybe it is finally walking away from a destructive situation. Who knows? God knows. I think He smiles when someone finds the courage, the breath, the spine to take that first step. Even my Lord's years in this clay were filled with adventures. He did sail to far off lands, rage battles with the establishment and climb to the tallest mountain to watch his Father show off the most beautiful sunrises. My Mom and I have discussed death and what you want to do or wouldn't do again several times. I have had alot of people ask me if that is difficult talking to my Mom about death. At first, I must admit it made me mad to talk to her about it. "Let's change the subject...o.k!!!!!??" But after awhile, I learned a beautiful thing about realizing your own mortality. You are not in charge! There is something so freeing and liberating about letting go and concentrating on living instead of dying! It makes every hug richer. It makes every memory greater. It makes you say "I love you" every time and mean it with everything in you. So what is my most outrageous adventure on my bucket list......wouldn't you like to know? But let me just say....I have already checked that one off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
February
(16)
- I love my warped friends...
- Totally random day...totally random post
- Check that one off my list......
- Integrity for sale.....as long as the end justifie...
- Week in Review
- Right before my eyes.....
- This was a good day!
- When it finally hits you....
- Doris Marie Feathers Graves.....My Mom
- And then things not to laugh about.....
- Laughter really is the best medcine!
- Music!!!
- Here I stand....neither brave or fearful.....just ...
- Out of the mouths of babes.....
- Ssssh....they will never know what hit them
- Busy week, Spotted Pigs, Life and such
-
▼
February
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment