Sunday, December 9, 2007

Rejoice, Emmanuel is With Us!

I have just returned from my church having enjoyed our Christmas Musical. The choir was of course superior. They are only 36 strong but they sounded like 400 on "Hallelujah". Choir you did an amazing job. As a church, I don't think the reaction matched the effort. There was a heaviness. There was a sadness tonight that was felt to the core. The soloist would hit these homerun notes and no reaction. Do we feel it? Have we really shut down that much? But I can't dwell on the sadness for long..... I have a sweet sweet friend that I was sitting by. She is one the Godliest women I know. Three of her grandchildren were sitting by us. One of those precious ones' name is Haley. She is as beautiful as a porcelain doll but has a mind like an adult. You just want to sit and listen to her. Tonight, she was amused by everything. From the bracelet on her hand to the sounds coming from the choir. I wish just for a moment I could capture her "child like" wonder. I wish I could look around at the Christmas lights, music and fanfare and just soak it in like this precious one. For that moment nothing would be missing or feel so wrong. But thank you choir for all the hours, memorization and sacrifice to present such a wonderful worship service celebrating the birth of our Lord!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theresa,

I ready your blog for the first time today and I have also sensed the same. I pray God will get a hold of us as a congregation and cause a revival like we have never seen before. I hope all were listening Sunday morning when the Pastor delivered God's message to us. I also revival would start with me. Keep looking up.

Mike

Theresa said...

Mike,
Thank you! I am so glad you are back! In alot of ways you never left. The standard you and Mrs. Juanita show serving our Lord should be imitated. I pray you are right. I will keep looking up to the One who knows all the tomorrows!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean?

The heaviness might be as a result of the fact that...well, nevermind.

God is going to do great things.

Theresa said...

Nameless....
I started this blog to have intelligent, thought provoking, God-honoring conversation. I am not sure why you would leave a comment that would stop only at a suggestion rather than a complete thought. I encourage you to feel free to finish any thought as long as it remains God-honoring.
Thank you for reading!


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!