Saturday, December 22, 2007

My Grown Up Christmas List

There is a beautiful song that Amy Grant first recorded called "My Grown Up Christmas List". Kelly Clarkson has a beautiful version of it as well. Here is what the chorus says..
No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal the heart
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown up Christmas list
I must admit my actual grown up Christmas list would go on forever and ever....to include no more parents with cancer, Alzheimer's, diabetes, etc. no more sick children, no more poverty or starvation, no more tornadoes, tsunamis or hurricanes. Like I said I could go on and on forever. I believe we are bursting at the seams on this crazy Earth waiting on our Father to say "My son....go get your bride." I was having one of those moments where I could feel the tears welling up in the my eyes while standing in the kitchen cooking. I was thinking about my Mom. Then "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer" came on the computer (listening to WRVR while cooking). That song just cracks me up! Megan joined in singing with me at the top of her lungs. Then add my husband who was in the kitchen cooking with me. The tears of sadness were quickly reversed into tears of joy for this family God has given me. My Momma would have loved to be in the kitchen with us. Oh yes, she would have cranked up singing too!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!