O.k. after all my ranting this past week, it was nice just to be Mom tonight. Tonight was my daughter's middle school band recital. I am totally amazed at the talent these 6th through 8th graders have! We were jammed into the middle school gym. Trust me...adult butts were not meant to sit on those bleachers. Anyway...someone decided to pull the fire alarm, the guy in front of me had on WAY too much cheap cologne and I wanted to kill the people in front of me who talked through the entire thing. But then this gorgeous young woman with drumsticks dressed all in black took the stage. And of course I immediately went back to this little baby in my mind who could barely crawl much less play a drum solo. The lady next to me asked her Mom to look at the "beautiful" girl on the drums. Her Mom said "that girl can play!" My head got bigger and bigger. Finally I couldn't help it...I leaned over and said that's my kid...isn't she amazing! Those are the moments that make all the bad in the world go away. All the stress of the day melts. For that moment, you know exactly why you were put on this earth.... to be her Mom. I love you MPB! You rock!
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(28)
-
▼
December
(28)
- The funny thing about reflection
- God bless the USA
- Bless her heart.......
- I don't about you but....
- Right before my eyes.......
- Christmas in rewind
- Mr. Big Stuff....Who do you think you are?
- My Grown Up Christmas List
- It's about the child....
- Wait for it....Wait for it....
- The long and winding road...
- That is my kid.....
- Are you kidding me???
- I treasure you...
- It's A Wonderful Life
- Week in rewind
- She works hard for the money......
- Shelia Tomas Balentine
- He's Been Faithful To Me
- Facing Your Giants
- Smile when your heart is breaking.....
- Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Latham and Mrs. Williams
- .....My Cup Runneth Over
- Rejoice, Emmanuel is With Us!
- "Fire Them...Fire Them All....."
- And we know that all things work together for good...
- What Breaks God's Heart
- And so it begins......
-
▼
December
(28)
No comments:
Post a Comment