Sunday, December 16, 2007

I treasure you...

i love you 78349283463 x's more than the last blog :) That is what my daughter just typed. Again...a reminder of how loved I am. She asked what are you blogging this time? This has been a week that it has been hard to be a professional working woman. I feel as if I woke up and it was 1950's all over again. It is the ministry I have been called to. Women are not as respected as men and they blame that on "scriptures". Praise God that I have examples of Ruth, Naomi,Abigail, Esther and Mary to name a few in my "scriptures" to remind me that I am needed in God's Kingdom. I have been blessed with the most magnificent examples of courage, bravery, strength and compassion in my life. Let me tell you about a few. There is.....
Doris Graves My Mom who is the most Christ like example in my life. What shoes to fill!With cancer you have never looked more beautiful and radiant!
Debbie My sister in law who selflessly raises her sister as well as her own three children. Who tirelessly took care of her grandmother in her last years.
Frankie Who takes care of not one but two Moms in her home. More of a Mom to her niece and nephew than their own.
Shelia She puts EVERYONE ahead of herself. Always can find the good in anyone. So selfless! When she loves you...you are loved!
Laura Her heart should not be able to fit in her chest. What a servant.
Betty She wears the scars of her Christ like life. Noone has a need that she can't find hope and help. What a woman.
Bobbie This woman in her late 40's is a pilot for a National courier service. She is one tough chick yet the warmest and most humble concern for those around her.
Kim Lost her Mom at her own birth. Raised her Godly son by herself. Lost his Dad in a car wreck while pregnant with John. Worked 3 jobs at one time!
I could go on and on. I have been blessed beyond measure for these women being in my life. I want to make my daughter's list. Say what you want about Oprah. I know her liberal views, etc. But what you must say about her is that she is strong, courageous, influential and giving. Oprah said "I am an extension....a branch.....of a tree called womanhood." Thank you to the great women in my life and the ones that have gone before me that are cheering me on through this race of life. I hope I can give you what you have given me....an example pointing to my Savior Jesus Christ that without Him I would be nothing. And He loves me and died for me...He saw me as His child not just as a woman.

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!