Whew!!!!!! It is Wednesday morning, the day after Christmas. If there was something known as a Christmas hangover, I have it! I ate way too much! I got so much stuff that I know no one could afford this year. I laughed till my sides were aching. I guess you can say it was a major success. Here are some of the highlights in random order. The scary part of this rewind....it is all true.
1. When Megan was six years old she said "Oh My Goodness" like Shirley Temple about one of her presents.....SHE DID IT AGAIN THIS YEAR! I rock at getting my kids what they want!
2. The entire family jamming to "Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi on Rockband! I was the lead singer...."I'm a cowboy". Good times! (If you don't have one of these..GET IT)
3. Jeff hitting 100% on Guitar Hero III...the boy can rock!
4. My oldest brother who is 46 and a cop getting the "doll' during Redneck Santa! That still cracks me up!
5. Dad and the can of SPAM! Ohhhh the moments we shared!
6. My sister in law introduced us to her new boyfriend. His name is Renegade. No, I am not joking.
7. I really liked Renegade. He was so cool to hang with at our house. Welcome to our crazy family!
8. Jeff spent quality time with his Dad. Thank you Lord.
9. Jeff really liked his present.
10. Scott and Mario.....they are tweens! I have the greatest 19 year old in the universe!
11. Brandi is already family and acts like one of us.
12. This is the humbling one....My Mom had a new cap for Christmas. It was cream colored. She has lost 80% of her hair now. Yet she is still so beautiful. She was so tired. She sat in the corner of my brother's house. It is not surprising and yet so mind blowing that each of us including grandchildren were constantly pointing to her while she tried to shut her eyes. It was like everyone needed assurance she was alright. My arm had never been poked so much. Theresa...look at Mom. Theresa is she o.k.? I am not complaining! I caught myself doing the same thing...staring at my Mom.
13. Mom laughed out loud so hard when Michael chose that doll! It was a wicked laugh too! Sorry Michael....so much fun at your expense!
14. I made a chess pie! Jeff said it tasted like Mammaw's. I am now a professional chef!
15. My children bought me two books. I have already read one of them! It was so good! I started yesterday morning and finished about midnight.
16. Zoey got a new baby and some "cookie" dog treats. She is in heaven! The baby is already slobbery.
In alot of ways this has been the best Christmas ever and the saddest. I guess that is why I am so exhausted. I don't know what the future holds. I am glad I am the child of the One who does. And here is what I am believing and holding on to. My life at this very moment is a blank canvas or in my case a etch-a-sketch. And in the past month it has been "shaken" blank! Now it is up to me to turn the knobs how I want to display this artwork called my life. If I turn to fast it will be a huge mess! So I must move slowly and deliberately making sure to take great care. I am not scared. I have a daily example of how life is so fragile. So it is off to more family fun today! My husband has taken some time off with me and the kids. I am so blessed! I hope each of you had a great Christmas!
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(28)
-
▼
December
(28)
- The funny thing about reflection
- God bless the USA
- Bless her heart.......
- I don't about you but....
- Right before my eyes.......
- Christmas in rewind
- Mr. Big Stuff....Who do you think you are?
- My Grown Up Christmas List
- It's about the child....
- Wait for it....Wait for it....
- The long and winding road...
- That is my kid.....
- Are you kidding me???
- I treasure you...
- It's A Wonderful Life
- Week in rewind
- She works hard for the money......
- Shelia Tomas Balentine
- He's Been Faithful To Me
- Facing Your Giants
- Smile when your heart is breaking.....
- Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Latham and Mrs. Williams
- .....My Cup Runneth Over
- Rejoice, Emmanuel is With Us!
- "Fire Them...Fire Them All....."
- And we know that all things work together for good...
- What Breaks God's Heart
- And so it begins......
-
▼
December
(28)
No comments:
Post a Comment