I have a disease that requires that I am treated at a cancer clinic once a month. I do not have cancer I have a blood disorder. Where do you find the best hematologists...in a cancer office! Today was the day. I had already come off of a crazy week feeling sorry for myself and my friends. Thinking how am I going to do TWO jobs with my health, my Mom, my teenager, my house, my husband's business. I was wallowing as far as you can go in self absorbed hatred of everything and everyone around me for the lack of respect and compassion. Then God sat me smack dab in the middle of Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Latham and Mrs. Williams. I have seen them at the clinic several times....never together. They are older, each a Grandmother, so out of respect I dare not ask their first names. Besides I really don't need to know. I am a watcher of people. I love the education of life experiences. Each of these ladies are battling cancer. Just like my Mom, they have been through all the "stages". One just got the news today that there was nothing else they could do. She was waiting on her husband to come back and pick her up. He normally drops her off for her all day chemo but there would be no more chemo. I watched this hairless, skinny, pale woman and soaked up everything she said. It is funny you don't see the "hole" in the side of her neck after you listen to her warm voice for a while. I guess I am just conditioned to the horror I see every month. She worked at a big "supercenter" chain (can't imagine who that would be) until the cancer required her to take off "too much work". They moved her to part-time and then they moved her on out. She was not complaining. She didn't have the strength to do the job anyway. Where is the compassion? What amazed me was that she didn't have a defeated look on her face rather more of a relieved look. The other two looked at her as well. Both of those courageous women still are in the battle. But then the most amazing thing happened the other two wrapped their arms around this one and just patted her cap on her head, kissed her cheek, and just loved on her. At that moment they didn't care about their own cancer battles, the color of skin, what car they drove, how am I going to pay my bills? All they cared about was their sister getting devastating news. One of them is 52 years old, grandmother of NUMEROUS grandchildren, some of which she is raising. She is battling breast cancer. She has no hair and this may sound SO strange but her bald head makes her even more beautiful. She started humming Great is Thy Faithfulness and said "Give it to Him baby, Give it to Him my sweet baby......He is strong enough for you, you don't have to be strong." I am blessed beyond any words I can form that I get to witness such strength, endurance, grace, beautiful examples of courageous women each month. I heard you Father. Thank you for talking to me.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(28)
-
▼
December
(28)
- The funny thing about reflection
- God bless the USA
- Bless her heart.......
- I don't about you but....
- Right before my eyes.......
- Christmas in rewind
- Mr. Big Stuff....Who do you think you are?
- My Grown Up Christmas List
- It's about the child....
- Wait for it....Wait for it....
- The long and winding road...
- That is my kid.....
- Are you kidding me???
- I treasure you...
- It's A Wonderful Life
- Week in rewind
- She works hard for the money......
- Shelia Tomas Balentine
- He's Been Faithful To Me
- Facing Your Giants
- Smile when your heart is breaking.....
- Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Latham and Mrs. Williams
- .....My Cup Runneth Over
- Rejoice, Emmanuel is With Us!
- "Fire Them...Fire Them All....."
- And we know that all things work together for good...
- What Breaks God's Heart
- And so it begins......
-
▼
December
(28)
No comments:
Post a Comment