i love you mommy! :) This is what my daughter wrote to start this blog. How blessed am I? Have you ever had a week that at the end of it your brain hurts. Sometimes it is just too much. Then I look at her. What will she face when she begins her career if she so chooses to work outside the home? I got my first job at 15 1/2. I lied to get that job. I told them I was 16. I needed the money. We were poor. Richly loved but financially poor. I have never been afraid to work. I got that from my Mom. If you look closely at the palms of her hands you will see scars from hand picking cotton. No combines.... no fancy machines. Back breaking..sun up to sun down cotton picking. I come from a long line of hard working women. I want to be that example for my beautiful daughter. First and foremost I want her to see that what I do...I do for my Lord. I want her to see that I support her Father in creating a life for her. He is the provider of our home but I get to partner with him in providing the needs. I love what I do and I want her to SEE that not just hear from me. Actions do speak louder than words. I left the corporate world where your skirt had to be so tight, heels so high, mouth so quiet and advancement was usually only for the men.... or the women who were willing to do whatever it took for their own agenda. I resigned from that world because I was tired of being asked to compromise, to cover lies and work hard but give management the credit. I also knew I was working for and turning into something I wasn't proud of. I want to be someone my daughter will be proud to tell her children about. That is my prayer.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(28)
-
▼
December
(28)
- The funny thing about reflection
- God bless the USA
- Bless her heart.......
- I don't about you but....
- Right before my eyes.......
- Christmas in rewind
- Mr. Big Stuff....Who do you think you are?
- My Grown Up Christmas List
- It's about the child....
- Wait for it....Wait for it....
- The long and winding road...
- That is my kid.....
- Are you kidding me???
- I treasure you...
- It's A Wonderful Life
- Week in rewind
- She works hard for the money......
- Shelia Tomas Balentine
- He's Been Faithful To Me
- Facing Your Giants
- Smile when your heart is breaking.....
- Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Latham and Mrs. Williams
- .....My Cup Runneth Over
- Rejoice, Emmanuel is With Us!
- "Fire Them...Fire Them All....."
- And we know that all things work together for good...
- What Breaks God's Heart
- And so it begins......
-
▼
December
(28)
No comments:
Post a Comment