I love football! I guess you can blame my parents for having 3 boys and 1 girl. I love the Pittsburgh Steelers! Why? Well...pretty much every man in my family loved the Cowboys.......My Mom and I loved Terry Bradshaw (that should age me a little)...his wife, at the time was a figure skater, Jo Jo Starbuck....o.k. back to manly conversation GO FOOTBALL! I grew up to fall in love with a diehard steelers fan terrible towel and all! So God knew what He was doing. This week in my beloved NFL the talk has started about who will be fired at the end of the year. That would bring me to the Phins! They are on target for breaking a record....a losing record that is. Cam Cameron was the "golden boy" at the start of the year. Brought on to address several issues that already plagued the Dolphins. Did you catch that....problems that already existed. People had already jumped the sinking ship that is the Dolphins. Now we are relying on the CAM to come in and not only steer this ship but turn it into something Royal Caribbean would envy...oh...and do this in one year! Now....with every loss that hits the Dolphins the cries gets louder! "FIRE THEM...FIRE THEM ALL! one fan said with a growl in their voice on ESPN this morning. One journalist wrote and I quote, "In August we were relying on new coaching and our 'stars" now it seems the only one shining at all are the ones who are tried and true and have been there year after year." Now don't get me wrong, this middle aged wife and mother, total fan of the NFL does not dare try to argue that the Coach is not at fault. But when a TEAM fails, the coach leaves for better offers, stars leave for the same, special teams aren't that special....it is the TRUE AND TRIED that get hurt the most. Without a pack out stadium, ticket sellers lose their jobs. Without thousands of fans, you don't need hourly concession workers. So when you are screaming FIRE THEM FIRE THEM ALL .....you need to do some self reflection and see if you are supporting your team or are you only there for the victories?
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(28)
-
▼
December
(28)
- The funny thing about reflection
- God bless the USA
- Bless her heart.......
- I don't about you but....
- Right before my eyes.......
- Christmas in rewind
- Mr. Big Stuff....Who do you think you are?
- My Grown Up Christmas List
- It's about the child....
- Wait for it....Wait for it....
- The long and winding road...
- That is my kid.....
- Are you kidding me???
- I treasure you...
- It's A Wonderful Life
- Week in rewind
- She works hard for the money......
- Shelia Tomas Balentine
- He's Been Faithful To Me
- Facing Your Giants
- Smile when your heart is breaking.....
- Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Latham and Mrs. Williams
- .....My Cup Runneth Over
- Rejoice, Emmanuel is With Us!
- "Fire Them...Fire Them All....."
- And we know that all things work together for good...
- What Breaks God's Heart
- And so it begins......
-
▼
December
(28)
2 comments:
Football...hahaha!!! I must not be a real man because all professional sports really irritate the crap out of me! Overpaid jerks...
You are so funny! I agree with whole overpaid thing and not just football! But you my love are the real deal and don't ever forget it! But Mom still loves her some Steelers (WHO LOST TONIGHT!!! You know the only undefeated team in the country is going to blitz!!!) Anyway...drive safe tomorrow. Your room is ready for you! Love you Mom
Post a Comment