Friday, March 14, 2008

What does my reflection show?

I hope that I will be able to give this post the sincerity it truly needs. When God took me down this new road, one of the first question I prayed was "Lord how can I truly serve you that they will see more of You and less of me." Here I am...USE ME! Can you hear the humility? Of course, I am being sarcastic. Do you ever think of yourself bigger than you truly are? Well, that was me! Here I was the big Christian who has worked at the church for so many years going to bring some Jesus up in the secular world. Lookout sinners here I come...the greatest Christian of all time! And of course my Lord humbled me quickly. When you let go and allow yourself to truly be used by God instead of o.k. Lord let me use YOU to make some sort of statement, you will find the most incredible, real, genuine people. And then the Lord will truly use you and the lessons He will teach you can't be taught by the world! Oh Lord you are so good and Your ways so breathtaking! Which all of this brings to a wonderful lady I am truly blessed and honored to work with. She is over 60 years of age and spends all day standing on her feet lifting very heavy materials. She never complains. They say in the Summer it reaches well over 100 degrees in the warehouse and she never complains. She is raising grandchildren that her own children didn't "feel" like raising and never do I hear this precious lady complain. She is not highly educated and yet she speaks with the most eloquent words. She is soft spoken and kind. She LOVES her Lord and lives it out loud every day. I am just starting to learn everyone on a more personal level. Another particular person is very short and very business. He is not unkind by any means, however there is an obvious wall. I love to know a person's "story". What makes you tick? What makes you the way you are? So today, this precious lady came up to talk to me about this man's story. She said "you know it doesn't take much to realize you have alot more than most and a lot less than most as well" I thought that was brilliant. If you have food on your table, a roof and a car that gets you point A to B you have more than most. If you don't have to deal with troubles right now in your life, well you have less too! And that is not a bad thing. So what is the bitter man's story?.....she told me of a man in love with a wife who is battling for her life from cancer. She told me about a man who watches his wife in the most desperate pain. Oh my heart broke for him. You then begin to understand the bitterness, the pain and the wall. Trust me I understand being short with people when you have just had enough! So, my Lord I thank you for taking me on a new road and for reminding me I don't have to drive all the time! Sometimes the best drives are when you are the passenger enjoying the view!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!