This has been such a great week. I just now watched my first born pull out of the driveway of his Nana's house and back to school for just a week! I think I handled saying goodbye after such a great week because I know he will be right back for another long weekend. He was home for spring break. We had so much fun! I especially loved this weekend. The four of us hung out on Friday night after a quick change of plans and then Saturday night we threw a surprise party for Jeff's Mom 60th birthday. My stomach was killing me because we laughed so much! The one thing that is a guarantee when Jeff's side of the family gets together is loads of laughter. Thank you to both families for a fun filled weekend! Now I want to shift gears a little bit. One of the topics of conversation was Easter Weekend. Please do not get me wrong I do not advocate staying out of church. But for me for the past few weeks it has been refreshing almost a relief. I have loved the bible studies with my husband and the prayer sessions with my friends. Desperately and deliberately seeking my Lord! It has been a very long time since I have missed church. I must admit, though it has been out of obligation for a long time. That saddens me worse than staying out of church. For a while we were forced to attend church to avoid the inevitable grilling on Monday morning of exactly what were you doing, why, where and with whom? I do not want to attend church out of obligation or fear. I want, desire and I am absolutely starved for authentic worship. I am envious of those who have gone before me to start churches who have completely thrown the rule book out the window and developed a plan to reach people in a unique and REAL way. Earlier this month when I was up North, the one thing I noticed was that there were very few churches. I had definitely left the bible belt! But what good does it do if you have a church on every corner that is not relevant or active in this 2008 world? Or worse, corrupt! So for the first time in almost 20 years I will not be attending church on Easter Sunday. I will be spending it with my Mom who can not worship in a traditional way but may I add still has the most authentic, real, uninhibited worship even if it is outside the walls of a church. I wish I could bottle the closeness, laughter, realness of the time I spent with my family this weekend and place it in a church. Until then, I will keep seeking and searching knowing my Lord knows my heart and what I desire and desire for my family. Thank you Lord for a wonderful week and for loving me enough to send Your Son to die for one like me. Oh but He is risen! He is risen indeed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
March
(16)
- It is time.....
- If not for cancer...
- God is so good!
- I Am Content
- Ode to the Blue and Maroon!
- The Million Dollar Email Question
- Friends......
- Wanted: Relevant and Real...or don't bother
- Seriously????????
- My Amazing Meg
- What a week!
- What does my reflection show?
- 60 years of memories
- Make no small plans for they have no power to stir...
- Let is snow...let it snow...let it snow....
- Get your own coffee!
-
▼
March
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment