Wow! It seems like forever since I have blogged. I have been out of town for a few days. I have been at the top of the world....well United States anyway. I left the Detroit Airport with 10 FRESH inches of snow on the ground on top of the foot they already had. It seems I brought the snow back with me! This was such an incredible trip! This was one thing I could check off my list. Traveling alone. It is not that I necessarily desired to do this but yet I wanted to overcome a fear that has haunted me forever. Traveling alone! It was amazing! I was praying even as I loaded the plane...."Lord you can still stop this." The day was so stormy when I left Memphis. We climbed above the thunderstorms. I could see the lightening in the clouds. And then it hit me....."see my child, if you had not come on this trip I couldn't have shown you this!" I decided right then and there to approach this trip no longer alone but completely, assuredly, and confidently in the hands of God. Once I accepted this as an adventure from God, things just feel in place. God gave me a teenager next to me who had just left her Mother in Memphis to return to Michigan State. God gave me another business woman on my commuter flight to the small town I was going to. The snow was beautiful! They definitely have things figured out better than we do when it comes to snow! The company I work for were gracious and hospitable. I got to meet my counterparts in the Northern office. They were a trip! I have to give a shout out to Janet and Barb! You ladies are hilarious! They blog too! Is that not cool? The weird part was staying at the hotel by myself. Now for those of you who must travel all the time you are probably laughing at me. Keep in mind in all my travel has been exclusively with my family. This was new to me! A new town. Driving around with Mapquest on roads I have never driven before in FEET of snow not inches! On the ride home I got sit next to my local boss. It turns out her best friend through High School is Jeff's cousin. AND she will be in town this week celebrating their Grandmother's birthday. Happy 88th Birthday Mammaw! How small is this world??? We couldn't believe it! We also couldn't believe how much we have in common. All I can say is thank you Lord for caring enough to send on one of the greatest adventure of my life and returning me to the greatest supportive family! Even though I loved my trip...Dorothy was so right.....THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(130)
-
▼
March
(16)
- It is time.....
- If not for cancer...
- God is so good!
- I Am Content
- Ode to the Blue and Maroon!
- The Million Dollar Email Question
- Friends......
- Wanted: Relevant and Real...or don't bother
- Seriously????????
- My Amazing Meg
- What a week!
- What does my reflection show?
- 60 years of memories
- Make no small plans for they have no power to stir...
- Let is snow...let it snow...let it snow....
- Get your own coffee!
-
▼
March
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment