Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Amazing Meg




I know I know your kids are the greatest kids in the world. Blah Blah Blah...I hate to burst your bubble but unless you are the Mom to my two kids you are so wrong. I registered my Meg for high school. Lord help me! And with ABSOLUTELY no offense to my son whatsoever I got a glance of what it is like being the sister of a legend. Teacher after teacher saying "oh you are Scott's sister" and "you know...your brother was valedictorian...so you know you have big shoes to fill." Actually her shoes are different from his. With registration fresh on my mind, I watched this amazing young woman (who brought home straight A's I may add) wipe the competition completely off the books during her track meet. In one particular race she had not one but two girls beating her. And then there it was...that look. That look that says "Oh no you diddddn't and then the "nitro" hits.....see ya!!!!!!!! Then I watched this same young woman hang out with her friends. A group of friends that resemble what our country stands for. A melting pot if you will. She is color blind and open minded. She is brave and she is kind. She is precocious and a little wicked. She is one of the funniest kids I have ever seen. She is unique. I must admit that is what I love the most about her. She is truly one of a kind. I love the fact that when it is all said and done, at the end of the night she crawls into her Dad's and my arms and once again is a little girl ready for her back scratch, prayer and good night. So what does a Mom do that has such a unique little girl....I wake her up 30 minutes into slumber to go feel the wind outside, to see the lightening off in the distance and to do something perhaps a little against the rules...play outside on a school night after bedtime. I love to hear her laugh! Oh and her legend of a brother....is one of her biggest fans. He is the standard for which all other brothers are rated. If he sees that it is his sister calling....everything else stops. He also has fallen in love with someone who has given Megan something I couldn't... a big sister. Brandi is the big sister Megan needed and the Godly example I want for her. I don't have the slightest idea what I did to deserve such a blessing except that my Lord truly opened the windows of heaven and poured out a HUGE blessing on this Momma. To my kids.....I love you! I love the man and women you are becoming and can't wait to see what adventures our Lord will send you on!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!