
I can't believe how many responses I got from my Easter Bunny blog....even my own son and future daughter in law got into the mix. It seems Scott and Brandi completely agreed and wanted to add something.....in the same ad there is RESURRECTION CARDS. Do you know how much chaos ensued after "Magic" and "Pokemon" cards came out? I must admit I was one of those weirdos who thought my child was going to hell playing with such things. My son loves to hear me say....I WAS SO WRONG!!! Now...you have nothing to worry about! Because you can buy resurrection cards! The same game just better. I don't mean to sound so sarcastic. This world is starved for something real. Why do so many teens get into trouble? Because the line between real and fake is now blurred. They don't want a replica they want the real thing! One of my favorite things is music. I don't listen to Christian music just because it is the right thing to do. I actually love the songs. Give me a Travis Cottrell singing Friend of God or Israel Houghton singing He lives! Throw on a Hillsong collection and my home become church! Oh....and the world stops. But when I am feeling a little nostalgic I will dance in my living room to "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey (Yes, I am an eighties chick). I don't want a "Christian" replica of Journey. And yes I will rock out with Daughtry any day of the week! Real, relevant and substantial leaves me wanting more. That is how I want my walk to be. One of my favorite people in the entire world is Tommy Tucker. This is a man who can make my side hurt laughing but can also make me cry so hard that my contacts float out. I will always remember one Sunday Morning walking into church and seeing him at his normal post on the drums. He had just got through praising his Lord and then all of sudden he starts playing blues and singing. Then the rest of the band joined in swaying and playing. It was sensational! THAT is real to me! My daughter and I just had a "heart to heart" regarding her choice of friends. I asked her "ideal" friend (which by the way she is blessed to have.) She said it is someone that I can have an intelligence conversation around and then let out the biggest burp I could possibly do and have my friend still accept me. THAT IS REAL..disgusting yes...but real. Back to the Bunny blog.....I had the funniest comments regarding the blogs. I didn't publish them because they were basically laughing at me wanting to punch a bunny. So if you make fun of me you don't get published...he he he he. Seriously, I don't mind the whole Easter thing with eggs, spring dresses and bunnies. That is not what I am saying. Actually I was just saying I wanted to punch him/her in their face because they were staring at me. Bottom line....enjoy your Easter. Whether you spend it with family, your favorite place of worship, or stay in bunny pjs (strange)...I don't care. Just don't forget it is about Jesus Christ. The One who came to die for me and you.... sinless....perfect...real....relevant and my Savior and friend. Thank you Lord for saving me!

No comments:
Post a Comment