Saturday, March 29, 2008

If not for cancer...

Wow this has been a very busy crazy couple of days! But to God Be the Glory! We have had relatives down and my Mom has been going through so much testings and the inevitable results. As anyone who has read my blog understands my Mom is battling cancer. Battling puts it mildly. She has literally over the past two years fought for her life. Now we have lost some smaller battles but she has not lost the war. This week she won the battle over the progression of her disease. She went through literal hell on earth over the past few months. She lost her hair, had to go in daily for fluids and/or blood. She had to be hospitalized for bottoming out. She has been home confined and has not done alot of "living". How great it was to hear some good news for a change. She deserved that! Her husband desired and prayed for that and so did her children and grandchildren. Mom of course takes it in stride that this is all in God's plan. See if there is anything I have learned from all of this is God's divine purpose. When we started this whole thing they gave my Mom weeks if not a few months and her she is....
If not for cancer....you could have played outside the past couple of years.
If not for cancer... you wouldn't have been in so much pain.
If not for cancer...the strain and agony would not be written on your face.
If not for cancer...you would have that salt and pepper thick hair.
If not for cancer...you wouldn't haven't known a place called West Clinic.
But if not for cancer...would our hugs and kisses be as sweet.
If not for cancer...would the sunrise be a little less brilliant.
If not for cancer...would my kids have seen first hand the miracles of God.
If not for cancer...would I have prayed as much as I have.
If not for cancer...would people know the Lord like they do because of your story.
If not for cancer...would I be as brave.
If not for cancer...would I be able to see the beauty in a bald head.
If not for cancer...would I realize just what a great Mom I have?
I am grateful for the lessons just not for the course. Momma, may you enjoy this Spring and Summer. May you play in your garden and actually get to go outside and sit in the middle of your flowers that you have watched grow from the inside of a house. May you continue to live the beautiful purpose that our Lord designed in this thing called cancer. You truly are amazing! And I am so happy for your good news! You are a warrior if I have ever seen one! I love you...your baby girl!


No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!