Thursday, July 10, 2008

What a week!

What a week! I don't know about you but I will be glad when this week is over! Too much work not enough time! This has been a fun week but not enough hours in my days. Some sort of meeting every night makes this lady tired. One of the meetings was my daughter's band meeting! I am really looking forward to being a Friday Nights Lights parent every week. There is something so contagious about small town football game night! After one of the meetings, I ran into someone whom I love dearly and reads my blog regularly. She goes to the church I use to work at and attend. There is something releasing about talking to someone who completely understands your pain and hurt. I am so sorry she is hurting. For so long I have been a major opponent of the new "church" however is it the new church or the stuck in our ways churches who are hurting more than they are helping. Seriously I was always the one who said.....these new style churches are not right.....What was I scared of? O.k., so you furnish a place and a message to bring someone to the knowledge that they need a loving, wonderful, compassionate, never failing Savior...Jesus Christ and then we fail them. How does that produce strong healthy relationships with our Lord. They give their hearts to our Lord (praise God) but their lives comes with baggage, troubles, failures, successes and pain. If they are too "sticky" or "icky" you push them aside. How are they going to trust a relationship with someone they can't see if we fail them with the relationship they can see? That is what several people did t0 this sweet lady, pushed her aside. Her life became a little complicated and the rumors started, gossip started and no one.....no one ministered. Why does God allow me to keep running into these people? Just to say, yes I understand...........or to smile, hug, love and point her to the One who will supply what no man or woman can supply. Oh we have to wake up...we truly gotta wake up! I am talking about myself as well. The more I am learning about the "new" church...I am starting to realize that the modern contemporary church is really reverting back to the very very "old" church. Hands on, color blind, life applying, relevant and pursuing. Pursuing? Do you mean invading? No! Pursuing....never giving up...no matter what goes on..you don't let go of the person or their circumstances. Lord help us to give unconditional love to those around us. Lord help me!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!