Today was a very productive and fun filled day.
Today, Jeff and Scott ripped up all the linoleum from my kitchen and laundry room preparing to put down gorgeous tile.
Today, I realized Jeff was working on this project till his back ached for me. Jeff is such an amazing man!
Today, I watched a good movie that made me smile. I loved the concept and the music.
Today, I looked at bride dresses with my future daughter in law. She is going to be a beautiful bride! We will have so much fun planning for their big day. She is strong and knows what she wants and doesn't! She will be a great business woman!
Today, I thought of someone who will be buried tomorrow. What a remarkable woman. I thought about how her funeral tomorrow will be a huge reunion of sorts and more than likely just the way she would want it.
Today, I ran into someone whom I love and miss so much. It seems life keeps us on the run and not seeing alot of each other. But when I see her everything is just normal.
Today, I laughed till my side hurt around the whole family.
Today, another friend of mine is going through so much trouble at her work. It broke my heart. She told me of her stomach hurting on Sunday night knowing Monday was coming. She told me of disrespect and unreasonable work load. I tried to testify to the fact that "leaving" is sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself and your health!
Today, I heard a great sermon about abandonment. How in one way it can hurt to the core whether abandoned by a spouse, father or mother, friends but also abandoning yourself. Letting go of everything that is hindering an intimate relationship with our Lord. He talked about stripping away all the ugliness and finding the beauty. It is like Jeff and Scott and that floor! It is completely ugly right now. It is stripped down to the concrete. The kitchen furniture is spread all over the house. It is ugly. But with some work, teamwork and a beautiful plan, something gorgeous will be built right before my eyes.
Today, I go to sleep content, happy, tired, and blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment