Well here it is Monday again. I don't know about you but today has been about 44 hours long. Nothing bad really just busy. And the night is still young. I got the most interesting call today regarding a check Jeff and I wrote. I just had to blog about this incredibly bizarre event. When Jeff and I started looking for another church we still wanted to make sure to be obedient to God's command of tithing. (see blog # 145) just kidding...but seriously..it was something we wanted to do. Well, we wrote three checks to three different locations. Do you know all three checks have not cleared yet? I don't know when the church became such a business. It seems you can't just send money to a church any more. They wanted to know are you members, prospective members, stalkers, lunatics or did you accidentally write it to a church and not to your local Kroger. Please forgive my sarcasm but I really didn't expect all the hoopla over writing a check. If I am writing you a check from several states away, there is a pretty good chance I am not a member or a prospective member nor am I stalker. I even had to speak to the treasurer of one of the churches to let her know how I wanted the check handled. No seriously! There were 5 different ways my offering could be handled Now I know all you accountants who are reading this are using bad language towards me saying to yourself "they are just trying to get their books correct." I just didn't know how difficult it would be giving money to a church I do not belong. URRRGGGH So if you are reading this and I sent you a check...I am not a stalker...if I live in Tennessee and you don't......I just want to be obedient to my Lord is that too much to ask? he he he he.....I love my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment