Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

My son just asked.."so has it been a good Mother's Day?" I can not think of a better one to tell you the truth. I think the older I get the more I appreciate the simplicity of life. It will sound like bragging but I really set out to make sure the mothers in my life got something that they actually wanted or could use. Both of my mothers thoroughly enjoyed their presents and their time with us. That is a success to me. I truly understand why the Lord loves a cheerful giver. I completely love giving presents. I go a bit crazy about it. Just ask my husband. But I will travel all over town making sure the people I love get exactly what they want for the occasion. So, I guess that is what made my Mother's Day so special for me personally is that my husband and children did the exact thing for me. How incredible is that? They knew exactly what I wanted....not just in a present but in the time I wanted with them and how I pictured the day would be...and gave me just that. How beautiful. Tonight God just got creative....the temperature is perfect, our yard has never looked more lovely. Megan is outside laying down reading a book, Scott is recreating his "apartment" in our home. And Jeff and I enjoyed a walk and talk around our yard. And I was taken back to a moment when my Mom was sitting on our front porch watching all my brothers, my Dad and myself playing ball one warm day. I distinctly remember looking back at her and she had this very contented smile. It didn't matter at the moment how much we had in the bank, what we were going to grow up to be or what even tomorrow would hold, she was just content in the moment. That is exactly how I felt tonight so very content. So to my precious children and husband thank you for making this the most memorable Mother's Day. Thank you for loving me enough to personally create a Mother's Day just for me. I love you.

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!