Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Week In Review

This week has been an eventful week. It is kind of a mid week review, because truly we haven't stopped since last week. Scott came home! Yeah! He is settled back in and already dropping his socks in all the usual places, leaving tokens of empty containers for me and loads of laundry. But I am not complaining...because he is home and Megan hasn't been happier. They are very close to be 6 years apart. She thinks he hung the moon and he thinks she is the coolest sister. This weekend my parents and brother came over. She looks so good! Her hair is growing back in and it looks like she purposely got it cut "punk rock". It really looks good and makes her feel more like the lady she is not having to hide the baldness of cancer. My mother is a gardener. I did not get her green thumb but I love to try. I have planted everything from annuals to tomatoes all around my yard. She was impressed...I have arrived! The funniest thing about this weekend was listening to my parents laugh at "Chaotic Harmony." This would be the name of the Balentine rockband! It is Meg on drums, Jeff on base, Scott on lead guitar and normally I am lead vocals on the video game ROCKBAND. However, you could tell my brother wanted to give it a shot! He said very humbly "I will embarrass myself"...pssshhh.. yeah right...he tore it up! He sang so good! It was fun watching my Mom crying from laughing. That was a good day. Every night this week we have some sort of banquet to attend. Three of these will be to honor our daughter. From athletics, band and academics, she received numerous awards this week. It is so wonderful to hear teachers speak of her in a way that you know they know her. And furthermore, that she is behaving how you want her to away from home. That makes a Momma proud! Go Meg!! God has revealed a lot to me this week. Of course, almost in the forefront, I am blessed beyond measure. Way to go our sweet daughter! Keep looking at the finish line and do not distracted by the dogs nipping at your ankles!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!