Friday, May 23, 2008

In everything praise the Lord

What a wonderful week! I am tired and can not bend over, stand up to get up and walk without saying OOOOOOWWW but that is o.k. Why? Because when Jeff, Scott, Megan and I are done this weekend I will have a kitchen/dining room/laundry room stylish enough for a magazine! I can't wait to finally eat off of real dishes and put pictures back on the walls.

Well, as you can tell a busy weekend ahead of us. I am glad David Cook won AI. That should shut all the critics up. It is just like the elections, "the media" will lead you think someone already has it wrapped up when it is final tally that counts. I do believe David Archuletta has skill and will do just fine but David Cook was the most deserved winner.

In other news, I am just heartbroken for Steven Curtis Chapman and his family. His daughter is resting, laughing, whole and complete with our Lord. However, on earth there is a devastated family including a young man who will never be the same. He will need love, forgiveness, acceptance, HELP like never before. Someone said something to me yesterday that really really disturbed me. And the comment made me go "deeper" into my own thoughts on what can be a "gray" subject where you can be right AND wrong. When I tell you what my friend said you are going to think she is so heartless. She is not. She did not mean anything so callous or harsh. She was saying she wished NOW he would just quit being a celebrity and just be a Dad to his family that obviously God was slowing him down. She didn't want to see him "write" a song over this or use this for a book etc. And she couldn't believe they were advertising their adoption program over this. I truly want your opinions on this. I have always had a problem perhaps legalistic in nature with people using the Lord's name to make money...not just sustaining money but riches because my Lord on earth was so financially poor. Now don't get wrong I know I am blessed to live in 2008 where I can worship to some of the most amazing music and attend some of the most jaw dropping worship performances only made possible with money. Christian artists deserves money for his talent just as much as a secular artist in order to make their bills. So the older I get and more pursuant of my relationship with my Lord I get less "legal" and more grace filled over this subject. Now, back to this grieving family over what amounts to nothing less than horror. I know it will take them a long time to even function and even longer to get their son to a place he can be free of self induced guilt. However, for me to say that the Chapmans should not use this to bring glory to their Lord and to use this to speak of the gospel, forgiveness, freedom, restoration of our Lord would be so hypocritical. Do I not use the platform of 'cancer" every chance I get to bring up my Lord? How about my Mom? Do you think my Lord would bring home a beautiful much loved 5 year old and literally submerge a family into grieve that would take your breath away to bring others to a relationship with Him and bring glory to His kingdom? Yes! For those who don't know Him and will comment to me that a loving God would not do this. I must admit there are times I do question the vehicle only to be reassured by a loving Father that He drives the vehicle. We live a fallen busy world that yes can get us distracted. My husband's best friend died in a tragic fall. Others die in tragic car accidents going too fast or forgetting to take that one more look. Life can sometimes be out of control. But even in the most horrific situations my Lord can be, MUST be glorified. Unfortunately and tragically, this family will be villianized by the demonic media and possibly by their own Christian family. But how many of us actually have our eye on our children at all times. It was an accident pure and simple that has transformed their lives forever. And when they can actually breathe, when the tears are not all day long, and their strength has somehow returned they should praise HIM through every source they have, to bring glory to the One who gave them that precious girl if even just for a season. By the way, isn't that what are scriptures tell us to do. Joy in the morning, laughter in the middle of pain, reassurance in death because He has already conquered the grave. I do pray for this family. Not a celebrity. A Mom and a Dad, sisters and brothers who must bury their child and sister tomorrow. Thank you Father that I hear my two in the back of the house laughing and listening to music. For now, for today, for this season, for always You are Lord!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!