The blog post below this one was written last night after midnight. I wake up at 4:45 every morning now, so as you can imagine something was bothering me. I blogged with emotion, hit post and went to sleep. I immediately awoke this morning met with my Lord and felt this overwhelming urge to change it. See, at the bottom of this great post about my family, more specifically, my precious children, I was ranting about an incident that had just happened while at the grocery store. To me, what I did was the equivalent of having a great meal and then throwing it up at the end. I know....not the best metaphor for first thing in the morning. I was hurt, I had felt the sting of someone who had no idea what she was saying and/or why. She just trusted her sources and trampled! So, this morning my Lord took me to Psalms the 56 chapter. At a very early age I learned Psalms 56:3 by heart. My version was "What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee." See, I was definitely afraid as a child of anything that was loud. Loud dogs, loud thunderstorms, people yelling, anything LOUD. (I grew to love dogs, thunderstorms, I talk loud AND I love loud music..go figure). But as a child I was tough to deal with when storms would approach. So my Mom would hold me tight, and remind me that God actually controlled the storms and that I needed to look at them like great masterpieces. Whew, I am crying typing this. And then she said....HE EVEN GAVE ME A VERSE...JUST FOR ME FOR ANYTIME I AM AFRAID. So I would lay in my bed, with the covers drawn up over my eyes....What time I am afraid I will trust in Thee, What time I afraid I will trust in Thee over and over again. Fast forward to this morning, and I am reading this beautiful chapter once again, reminded of the past and all God has brought me through even when I was weak, distrusting and afraid. And then it truly dawned on me what that chapter ALSO says. I implore you to read the whole chapter today. But here are some beautiful snippets... (Thank you Momma for pointing me to the One who controls the storms)
Be gracious to me, O God, for man tramples on me
all day long an attacker oppresses me
my enemies trample on me all day long
for many attack me proudly
When I am afraid
I put my trust in You (NIV version)
In God whose word I praise
In God I trust
I shall not be afraid
What can flesh do to me?
It goes on to say...and I LOVE THIS
You have kept count of my tossings
put my tears in your bottle
Are they not in your book?
Then my enemies will turn back
in the day when I call
This I KNOW that God is for me
In God, whose word I praise
In the Lord whose word I praise
in God I trust, I shall not be afraid
What can man do to me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment