Well, here it is Sunday night and I must say this weekend has been extraordinary! Megan had a blast in St. Louis, they took 3rd place! She rode Mr. Freeze and Superman and bought the t-shirt! She is glad to be home. Scott and Brandi are neck deep (they would probably argue drowning) in finals. But praise God they come home this weekend for the summer! Now for my weekend! Well, let me start by setting the stage a little. I have a very technology minded family. Name the game system...we have it. I am not bragging or boasting. We are also savers. We WILL NOT buy it when it first comes out. We go by the......if you wait just a little bit the price will come down...mentality and then we save. We will not go into debt over something frivolous. And did I mention we are cheap...we work too hard for our money. Now back to the technology side of things... Scott is BRILLIANT when it comes to what every little machine we have in our home needs to make it work. Well, actually everyone is very technically minded well everyone but ME! I still had a portable CD player instead of a MP3 player until just a few months ago. My stereo system in the bedroom STILL has a cassette player. I am the technology loser of the family. But I love to spoil the other three with the latest greatest thing. When the Ps3 came out it was sold out EVERYWHERE! When I spotted one I bought it on the spot. I had money set aside just for this occasion. I couldn't wait to get it for Scott and Jeff. I still remember that "little boy" voice of my husband on the phone..."you got me a what?" "really...are you serious?" I LOVE THAT VOICE. Look, my kids make straight A's, don't use bad language, don't drink or smoke, keep a clean house.....I am blessed. I love to reward them not because they have "performed" to my criteria but because I love to bless as I have been blessed. They are grateful for what we give them. Do you know that still to this day...Megan nor Scott have ever asked me for money? No, I am not kidding. They will tell me they need money for school, etc...but actually whine they need money for something they want...NEVER! They are good kids! Well, fast forward to this weekend...all I wanted was a cheap camera. I don't have one. Jeff has a fancy smancy video camera that is digital with all the bells and whistles. I wanted a plain digital camera...that is it. I knew how much I wanted to spend and the color (very important) etc. I had saved my money and did not want to go one penny over. Jeff started the evening by reminding me it was tax free day and we were going shopping. He took me out to dinner and then to one of his favorite places BEST BUY. It was crazy! My husband knew exactly what we were going there for. He wanted me to have something to call my own. He knows how much I love to blog, work online, research my projects and recipes. I love online movies and books. HE KNOWS ME! How do I put this into words? He didn't buy just anyone a present...he bought the woman he knows more than anyone else knows me....what he knew would make me use the "little girl" voice. He wanted to make me smile. So, fast forward 1 hour and a lot of negotiating and researching on my husband part and I walked out with the exact camera I wanted ($20.00 cheaper than they were selling it for) and a brand new laptop computer courtesy of my husband. OH YEA! It is beautiful. So I am typing my first blog on it.....I will have to say it took both my husband and my Scott on the phone to get it up and running. I told you technical loser but the owner of her very own laptop!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment