Sunday, April 20, 2008

I Promise....

































Two very small words with HUGE responsibility and commitment.
I promise! There is no wiggle room in those two words....there isn't I'll try my best or we will see....I PROMISE.
This has been an exciting, fun, stressful and tiring week. Jeff and I had something going on every day this week and this week is proving not to be any different. The end of the school year brings lots of competitions, ceremonies, trips and events. We ended this week with Megan's birthday party. We took 5 girls and 4 adults downtown and back again for a fun filled day of manicures, pedicures and Bigfoot food! I laughed so much around these teens that my stomach literally ached from laughter. My precious Scott and Brandi added in on the entertainment. Let me just say.....there was an ice sculpture involved, an ice war and (cough cough) 8 ozs of lesbian pornicating asian meatloaf potheads. If you think I hit my head or taking something, I just have to say you had to be there. We laughed our heads off. At one point the girls wanted to see the river so off we went to take pictures at Thom Lee Park. I watched as these gorgeous girls, most of which I have known since they were in the 2nd grade, posed as young women for the great birthday pictures. It took me back for a moment to see all of them standing there so grown. Even more shocking and also encouraging somehow was the conversation later in the evening as I drove the girls home. How absolutely heartbreaking to hear these girls talk about girls in their school who have already lost their innocence, taking drugs, getting drunk, high, parents divorced, child abuse, dropping out of church....the list just went on and on. Oh I had to resist lecturing or giving the "motherly advice". I am so glad God shut me up and told me just listen. Because after the multiple list of insanity that could be going on in these girl's lives, I heard of why THEY WOULDN'T do these things. I heard one girl after another talk about wanting to stay pure, go to college and one day marry the man of her dreams. At one point in the conversation you could tell things were getting kind of "heavy" and one of the girls pulled the other ones close and said I PROMISE.....I will always be there for you so if you ever want to try any of that stupid crap just call me and I will first hit you and then be there for you. That kind of friendship...that kind of commitment...that kind of unconditional love most adults walk away from. I praise God for Taylor, Ashleigh, Danielle, Terry, and my precious Megan. Five girls trying their very best in a very wicked world. And for Brandi who is such a beautiful example of how to be a strong, intelligent, dreaming, beautiful, pure woman in this messed up world. I PROMISE to be one adult who doesn't walk away...I PROMISE!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!