My friends email their responses to my blog and I couldn't believe how many responses I got about Miley Cyrus blog. Mainly, because I brought up Billy Ray's mullet. LOL. I love my friends. They are sincerely whacked. Now for a serious subject. So many of my friends know that we are looking for a place of worship. Not a perfect place that would literally be impossible but one that the entire family feels God is leading the family too. I have had mixed responses from my friends regarding our search. I have 100% approval for those who know about this to search out where God will have us worship. So on with the questions? Do you have to find another church? Yes, here is how I can calmly and maturely put this...first God has given us peace and second just because I don't like the renovation or change in management of a particular restaurant doesn't mean I don't want you to enjoy the place. But I don't have to keep patronizing it if I disagree with the service. Painfully true. Do you and Jeff give Megan a say in where you will go? To say we don't give Megan a say would be for me saying Megan doesn't pray. This will be her place of worship too and she will have an opinion and a valid say. Do you tithe? Now...here is where my belief may differ from yours and that is o.k. I am still trying to figure all this out along the way too. Jeff and I WILL tithe even through the transition...why? Because everything belongs to my Lord. He commanded and we will be obedient. The big question is where? Well, we prayed about this and sought out wise counsel from Pastors to strong Christian friends. And taking nothing away from them...once Jeff and I finally quietly surrendered to the Lord...answers came by the droves. My precious cousin Kathy Maze and her talented son Josh Maze (lead singer for Tandem) will be traveling on a mission trip to England to a very hostile area. Pray for them. A precious lady who meant the world to me was killed this past winter and her husband and children need support to continue the ministry she loved in Ethiopia. We also want to support a couple of starter churches we feel strongly about. I don't know the technicality of it all. And I really don't care because Jeff and I came up with the same answers after seeking the most important source of all...the One who owns the cattle on the hills and who has blessed us beyond measure. And finally....How will you know it is the right place? It is just like finding your husband or your home..you will just know. I can't wait for that moment. I am not scared, I am excited. Not only for myself but for my family. They desperately need a place of worship not just to receive but to also give. We have tried some and they were not for us and we have tried some that could be the one....but along the way...we have met a lot of great people. Because face it, when it is all said and done we will be joined once again in one place of worship! Thanks for caring enough to ask the questions....I think the Beatles said it best....I get by with a little help from my friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment