O.k. this blog will probably sound a bit contradictory. Tomorrow, Megan will leave us for the weekend to go to band competition! I am excited for her and excited for us. First, I am excited for her. As much as I will miss my baby so very much I know she is not meant to hang with old folks forever. I don't want to be one of those Moms who guilts her children just because they well...want to be fourteen! You know the Mommas I am talking about..."Oh sweetums ..Mommy baby gonna miss me....hmmm" (cue the vomit) If I was going to hang out with 4 of my best friends, spend the day at Six Flags and spend my parents' money...I would be psyched too! I am also excited for us. With the insane schedule Jeff and I keep it is sometimes impossible to find a weekend alone. It is also so very encouraging about our future with an empty nest one day. I love my husband more than anything and I love hanging out with him. He is truly my best friend as well as the love of my life. I hate to hear women my age who "can't wait" to have a weekend to themselves away from their husbands. I WANT AS MUCH TIME AS I CAN GET HANGING WITH THE GREATEST MAN IN THE WORLD! It is a relationship in my life that I will fight to the death for and love moments like this weekend that I can invest even more into the most important relationship I have on this earth second only to my relationship with my Savior. Do I want my kids out of my house? YES!! I want them to grow up, grow mature, grow healthy and create a home and family that I hope we have set an example of love, support and togetherness. Now....I didn't say though that after some much deserved "us" time that I won't be thrilled to death to see that school bus drive in BMS parking lot or get that call from my State Sophomore! This will be a great weekend for all of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment