Fourteen years ago Jeff and I were preparing to leave our home in Millington with our little bag packed and head to Methodist North. We had a scheduled C-Section to bring our little girl into this world. We arrived at the hospital early (for those who know me that wouldn't be a surprise). I was feeling bad, mainly a backache. They strapped me into a machine to monitor her heartbeat and then I waited. Jeff and I had almost two hours to sit, talk and dream about what she would look like and how we would do raising a girl. To my surprise I was in labor! The backache was actually back labor. I had to have a C-section so they did not like this at all. Jeff and I laughed. Jeff said and I will never forget this..."Our girl is already wanting to do things her way". Never a truer statement said then and now. About 5 minutes (literally) before they wheeled me down I said "Jeff what if the ultrasound was wrong....what if this is a boy...we never discussed boy names". So on the spot if Megan had been a boy she would have been Shaun Russell Balentine to match Scott Ryen Balentine. Don't ask me? It was 5 minutes before a C-section give me a break! Well, fast forward 14 years because that is exactly how it feels. Everything way to fast. To my precious Megan, do you truly know the joy you have brought your Dad and I? The laughter, practical jokes, weird sayings, the hugs and kisses, the OMGs let me tell you, the totally unique way you can pronounce words, your absolute unconditional love and admiration for your brother, your compassion for the underdog, your beauty. You my love are one of kind. Unique- different- set apart- special. And I thank my Lord and Savior that He would see fit to give me such a gift. Happy Birthday Meg Meg!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Happy Birthday to Megan, Happy Birthday to Megan
Fourteen years ago Jeff and I were preparing to leave our home in Millington with our little bag packed and head to Methodist North. We had a scheduled C-Section to bring our little girl into this world. We arrived at the hospital early (for those who know me that wouldn't be a surprise). I was feeling bad, mainly a backache. They strapped me into a machine to monitor her heartbeat and then I waited. Jeff and I had almost two hours to sit, talk and dream about what she would look like and how we would do raising a girl. To my surprise I was in labor! The backache was actually back labor. I had to have a C-section so they did not like this at all. Jeff and I laughed. Jeff said and I will never forget this..."Our girl is already wanting to do things her way". Never a truer statement said then and now. About 5 minutes (literally) before they wheeled me down I said "Jeff what if the ultrasound was wrong....what if this is a boy...we never discussed boy names". So on the spot if Megan had been a boy she would have been Shaun Russell Balentine to match Scott Ryen Balentine. Don't ask me? It was 5 minutes before a C-section give me a break! Well, fast forward 14 years because that is exactly how it feels. Everything way to fast. To my precious Megan, do you truly know the joy you have brought your Dad and I? The laughter, practical jokes, weird sayings, the hugs and kisses, the OMGs let me tell you, the totally unique way you can pronounce words, your absolute unconditional love and admiration for your brother, your compassion for the underdog, your beauty. You my love are one of kind. Unique- different- set apart- special. And I thank my Lord and Savior that He would see fit to give me such a gift. Happy Birthday Meg Meg!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment