Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What day is it?

It has been a very long time obviously since I have posted. My life has been topsy turvy for the past couple of weeks. My days have started running into each other. It seems the moments are piling up on top of each other. We have had family coming in to say goodbye to my Mom, preparing hospice, dealing with hospice, preparing work, preparing work, preparing family....preparing. Today, my Dad and I went to finalize arrangements. The blessing and curse of knowing approximately when is that you can prearrange everything where you won't have to deal it afterwards...the curse....well the same thing...dealing with it. Now, my precious, loving, courageous Mom still reads my blog so I will not mention today's happenings just to say that it is incredibly sad how much death has become a big business. It is infuriating that a group of actually really nice people try to act like they have known you forever. Don't get me wrong....extremely kind and compassionate people but quite frankly I don't want to know these people. I don't want to have anything to do with them. Afterwards, I was once again able to spend some precious time with my Mom. I am learning almost daily new things about her...about the woman who is my Mom. For instance...she lied on her wedding day to get married to my Dad...how romantic is that?? Yes...I did say romantic. Mixed in all the old school certificates and pictures I found my Mom's poetry. My Mom is a poet. It is so cool to read her thoughts on paper. She is really good! I know this will bring great comfort. If you read my blog for ANY reason please pray for my precious Mom......What cancer struck down, God will make whole and complete!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!