
Well, as you can tell by my blog below I didn't have a great week last week. My Mom had the worse week of her 2 1/2 year battle with cancer. She has slept in a chair for the past month, LITERALLY. She can not lay completely flat without being in miserable, gut wrenching pain. The pain is unbearable to watch. I can only imagine what it must feel like. Everything else in my life right now, whether trying or complicated pales in comparison to what she is is going through. She is so very brave and yet so very tired. Then, I said goodbye to a dear friend at work. Someone who has been very supportive during this time with my Mom. Also, last week my company began the weird transitioning of a buyout. New systems to learn, new people...oh the joy. Finally, last week I went back for round two of testing after receiving news I had an abnormal mammogram. Don't you love getting "ify" test results from your doctor. I wish we were not a "sue happy" society. Then maybe, doctors could doctor and just tell you how it is. I am not going to sue you so just give me my facts. It is sad that they have to protect themselves so much. By the way, seriously who the crap invented a mammogram machine? They place something that is not meant to be flat into a vice grip and keeping turning...THEN they say hold your breath. How can you breathe when your boobie is being flattened between two cold pieces of plastic? Lord honey, let me go.....they are going to blow! This is definitely something a man created! The ladies at this place were so very very nice but the chia tea and the plasm tv that play never ending scenes of the ocean and mountains are not erasing the fact that you squished me! For a very brief moment just being there was so surreal. Was I really there? Was I the patient? What the crap am I doing here? What if......? It is enough to make your head spin. I ran into one of the coolest ladies on the face of this earth. I love surprise presents from God. He is so awesome! In that moment, I realized there is another daughter out there hurting for her Mom....watching her Mom affected by this insane disease. But then my son came home with not one but two halloween outfits for our dog. I didn't think anything could turn off the questions going through my very spirit about my Mom, myself, my family...and life! But nothing makes you laugh like seeing your 50 lb. pitbull in a Princess Leia outfit. Oh thank you Scott. Noone makes me laugh like my sweet family. Poor Zoey....she looked at us as if to say "I thought you loved me". Such humilitation. Such fun! So what will this week hold? I am not sure...I am certainly learning not to waste energy thinking about too far in the future. Today is gift. Tomorrow...well..it will be here soon enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment