Thursday, December 25, 2008

Has it been that long?

Has it really been since the 10th that I have blogged? So many of my family members read this crazy thing to keep up with me and my family. My apologies but my life has been upside down. There is little time to breathe must less blog. But blogging is what I must do tonight on Christmas night as I try to gather some thoughts. Last night, we spent Christmas Eve with my family. My Mom knew this would be her last Christmas Eve with her family. It was on everyone's heart and yet for a moment a brief couple of hours there was no mention of cancer or of death. There was only laughter LOTS of laughter. And a fantastic "girls room only" talk that I know will be in mine, Debbie's, Brandi's and Megan's memories forever. My Momma would not let anyone in that room who well let's just say we reminded anyone with a certain body part that they were not allowed in the room! Like I said LOTS of laughter. And then I soaked up every bit of wisdom, reminiscing and passion. She loves her family so deeply. The night was perfect until she was leaving when she collapsed. Quickly we were reminded that her little body can't take much. The night was wonderful though even in spite such an ending. As I was preparing my Scott's and Megan's Christmas..the tears started but I shook them off...and replaced them with a wandering mind. I glanced at my beautiful Christmas tree and immediately found myself thinking of that first glorious Christmas. Not in a majestic silent night sort of way but in a practical sense. How absolutely surreal this must have been for Mary. If the bible is 100% true and there is no room for doubt then you believe as I do that God himself was the Father of this baby Mary was carrying. NOONE on earth could validate her story..noone. Yes, the baby (John the Baptist) leaped for joy in Elizabeth's belly but that could be dismissed as hysteria..who could truly defend this teenage girl's pregnancy? How she must have felt that night? How scared she must have been. I know at age 20 I didn't have the slightest idea what birth would feel like or how I would take care of this little one they called my son. But for this young woman in a far away land, with only her husband and a bunch of stinky animals how strange this must have been. Why her? Why him? She didn't have a clue what the next 33 years of her son's life would take him. But in this moment in this Holiest of moments, she was a teenager delivering her first born with all the pains, tears, joy and anticipation any other first time mother would have except with one MAJOR exception. She would be the only woman ever to give birth a virgin. And so it began one silent night thousands of years ago. My Savior and My King was born. The same baby I am celebrating tonight being born is the same One who came down tonight to comfort me. The same one who came on this earth as a pauper blessed me with so many blessings. Celebrate the one that was born in a manger not with royal linens or with pomp and circumstance that He so richly deserved but arrived in a barn to a teenage Momma and a trusting Stepdad that we may have life and be rewarded in earthly death because of His undeserving death on a cross. O Holy Night the stars are brightly shining this is the night of our dear Savior's birth! Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!