I first must start by wishing a lot of Happies! Happy Birthday to the best Mom ever and Happy Birthday to my beautiful niece, Christina who shares her Nana's birthday with her own (a few short years apart). Happy Labor Day to everyone! Thank you for all the hard working people in my life who because of your long days at factories, fields and various other places made my life better! Thank you! Which brings me to a question asked of me this morning.....who was your favorite Boss? I have to admit I have worked for some losers and winners. I have worked for women and men both older than me and younger. I have worked for arrogant know it alls and some very selfless people. I have worked under people whom I admired and poured into my life and gave me opportunities to learn more than I ever would have in "formal" education. And yet, I have worked for people whom I pitied because they were so disconnected and spoiled that they could not love those around them well much less their employees. And who were truly awful people so that made them truly awful bosses. So for all you "employers" out there cherish the great employees God has given you. Don't abuse them! Teach them! Correct them (yes!)...it is your neck on the line but make them better people for the correction. Furthermore, remember they are real people with real lives, real families and really want to do a great job for you. And for the employees...remember we are to submit to even the most aggravating of authorities. (I didn't say roll over, bend over or lower your standards to theirs). However, remember they also have real pressures, real lives, real families as well. So the answer to the question? Of course the number one person I work for is my Lord and Savior who has placed me in every employment for a reason. I then work for my family to give them a better life. Then I work for myself to hopefully make my company better for my employment than worse. Who was my favorite? Oh, I have been blessed with working with doctors who performed very expensive procedures for nothing, whom made sure my family was taken care of and still to this day checks on them. I have worked for professional women who understand what it is like to be a working woman and did not make me feel guilty for "school performances" or that "dreaded call from the school nurse". I have worked for a kind and gentle music minister whom made sure to put my family before any work and didn't mind doing the grunt work to help me. I NOW work for another professional woman whom truly is a friend before employer. Do I have a favorite? Not really. I am just grateful for those I named above. Who truly GET IT! My life is richer for your leadership. Happy Labor Day everybody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment