Wednesday, September 17, 2008

41 YEARS AGO......

Whew! What a day! It all started real early this morning. I walked out of bedroom with streamers, signs and love. I have literally been showered in love and generosity. The day progressed with a special breakfast with my daughter and then picked up my Mom to a full day of Dr. this and Dr. that. No matter where we are going I love the road trip there. We have the best talks about EVERYTHING. And then we arrive at whatever doctor is on the agenda and begin battle mode. Have you ever noticed that with the exception here and there....all doctor's offices smell the same. Maybe it is all the gloves, plastic, alcohol and other "medical" stuff but there is a similar smell that trust me I am sick of and I can only guess my Mom most definitely is sick of. She is always gracious though. She is always smiling. She is always grateful to everyone who draws her blood to??? Every nurse, secretary, and doctor gets the sweetest disposition. Me? I hated the fact that my Mom, my sweet sweet Momma has lost all privacy. I was looking at her today really looking at her and realized 41 years ago she was giving me life....today she is fighting for hers. How crazy is that? Believe me, I still trust in One the only ONE who can part the seas and move mountains. My faith has not been shaken but my heart aches for the sick and poor in health. I know we will all have a vehicle called ______ to journey back to the Creator. I just don't like the ride of cancer. It is vile, it is ugly, it is invading, it is life changing but it can not touch the spirit. I am blown away at her resolve, her peace, her intelligence over her own destiny, her battles, her surrenders. She is truly a remarkable and outstanding lady who just happens to be my Mom. The rest of this day was shared with 2 out of 4 of my favorite people in the world. Alot of laughter, presents and great food but more importantly love...unconditional, beautiful, consuming, life changing LOVE. This love is my refuge, my support, my shelter when the day is long. If you read my blog for whatever reason pray for a sweet little southern lady named Doris, my Mom, my hero.

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!