What truly is your passion? What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of passion? YEA I KNOW...the dictionary gives several definitions to include strong sexual desire and lust but I am speaking of the definition that says "boundless enthusiasm" (I love that meaning) or "the object of your love, fervor or fire"! Wow what is your passion like that? There is so much that I could label AS my passion but what do I truly want, need to be passionate about. Positively, I could say that my family, my precious husband, my children to include my daughter in law. They are my passion. I am passionate about what they are doing, how they are, their needs, their dreams, their well being. I LOVE MY FAMILY!! There is alot of things I could say I love. I love to read, I love to BLOG, I love to cook, I love to hang out with my friends, I LOVE politics....but passionate? How about my career? I am loving the direction I am going, the training and educating they are sending me to...but again passionate? And then I read of women and men of old who were passionate about our Savior. I see teenagers who are literally enthusiastic about our Lord. Can I really say I am passionate about the things of God? Would I rather have a wonderful nap on Saturday afternoon or join my church to go down to the Hollywood Section of my inner city to tutor inner city kids? Would I rather sit down to a new cookbook or pour the living word of God over my life? How about my Savior? What was HE passionate about? Well that is easy, ME! Boundless enthusiasm and the object of His love was ME was YOU! And yet I am not talking to anyone but me that I need to be deliberate in being passionate about my Lord. It is so easy when you truly start analyzing what He has saved me from, what He has blessed with me, what He is doing in my life even when I do not acknowledge His presence..He is still there! Oh Lord please forgive me for my lack of fervor, fire and passion of the only thing that truly matters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me Strong Woman
Me & My Man. ♥
About Me
- Theresa
- I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment