Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I CAME TO GIVE YOU LIFE

O.k. so it has been already one of those years. It is only February 25, 2009, and I feel like I have already lived through a lifetime since January 1, 2009. On January 10th, I watched my Mom take her last breath, on the 12th we buried her. Two days after I buried her I found out I had a very good possibly of having breast cancer. I kept it under wraps telling only Jeff for reasons that are pretty obvious. How do you tell your two most precious treasures that you just buried your Grandmother who had cancer and now...by the way. On January 29th we sat painfully through watching Megan's biopsied and found out she had Crohn's. Started her meds and a change in lifestyle. A couple of days later we found out a precious family lost their daughter. Not one but TWO of my coworkers died. Two more found out they now are battling cancer. Fast forward (don't have to go far) to today. Wait no.... go back just for a minute....I got to see my Mom talk to God on the 10th and on the 12th we just buried a shell..she is in heaven whole and complete. Two days after I buried her, God got my attention. I trusted in the love of man and trusted no matter the outcome he would be there....I was right. Found out today, after one more test in two months, I should be able to breathe easier. Yes, Megan found out she had Crohn's and yes the meds have been bad. But because of those meds, she is better! She is going to be o.k. and better than she was. People have come to Christ because of the young lady dying and I don't believe God is through with that situation yet! Two coworkers won their battles with cancer. God just chose to heal them a different way. No I am not Polly Anna or playing Alice in Wonderland. I know alot of things suck right now but I chose to praise. I chose to laugh. I chose to dance (literally just ask Megan and Jeff). I chose to get healthier. I chose to kiss deeper (only Jeff of course), hug tighter, be amazed, stand in awe, wake up tomorrow and do all this again. Contrary to modern "religious" opinion I didn't do anything that He who is profoundly loving is punishing me over. And He loves me enough not to play the "claim it and I won't go through it" game. No, He wants to teach me and show me that He will be right there as we go through all this. I will cry, mourn, grieve, miss like crazy and yes sometimes succumb to child like fear but I know my God is bigger than cancer, death, car wreaks, Crohn's. He is Lord of ALL! The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10 Praise Him!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!