Monday, June 30, 2008

If it is entertainment you seek....

What a Sunday! Let me tell you..what an incredible worship service on Sunday. This is the first time in a long time that my entire family and extended family have been together at church. Well, let me tell you a secret. I was hoping and praying that church would be off the chain! Johnny and the praise team was wonderful! When you first see Johnny you see a black man with dreadlocks and think what is going to happen????....then he opens his mouth and you can help but get intoxicated in worship. We were jumping to Hillsong and we walked in to Beautiful Day by U2! Then I couldn't wait for my family to hear from God through the preaching......oh BUT WAIT....it is ONE PRAYER SUNDAY...which means...the Pastor will not be preaching... disappointed? Yes...the worship was just phenomenal and I could not believe they would not be able to hear the Pastor. Then with almost a calmness, a breeze, a sense of someone talking to me.... I had the eeriest and humbling thought come into my brain. "I am not in the entertainment business....I AM". I started to tear up...then the Pastor walked up and started singing. He said church let's get real and freely worship... the entire church was singing Fire fall down.....Come Lord fix this broken life...let your fire fall down. I watched the most amazing thing. See, at this particular church everything is obviously rehearsed. Not fakely rehearsed by no means. I just mean that they have everything down pat. They have to..they have three services! But, then I watched as praise members could not sing for tears and for literally being at the throne. Then we heard from Dr. Eddie Jones. What a timely and unbelievable message! Watch this, watch this, watch this...for those who were there...I know you are laughing right now. His message was on "What Godly thing do you love more than you love God....if you will freely give it up when He asks of you....you get to keep it! What an incredible message of Abraham and Issac. I love how the Pastor preaches but I must admit I am richer for hearing Dr. Jones this Sunday. We met new people who sat in front of us. Megan's best friend loved it!! When Ashleigh and Megan say "church was awesome" before even asking their opinion?? TO GOD BE THE GLORY! Brandi and Scott loved it enough to ask how they would continue to hear from church in Mississippi. Oh my Lord You are so great and Your ways are so mysterious yet perfect! Pray for the team that left Sunday to go to Brazil and my cousin Kathy Maze and her church will be heading to England in a couple of weeks! My heart could just sing! My family enjoyed church! My family worshipped at church! My family went to church!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!