Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking dawn......LITERALLY


O.k. so the latest craze in this whole world is the Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series. My daughter and all her friends absolutely love it. I love my daughter loves to read anything and everything. Thank you to all the authors out there who are writing relative books for these young girls. Well, this Friday night was the premiere @ midnight (so that would make it actually Saturday) of the latest of the series "Breaking Dawn". Now, let me side track just for a moment. One of my very friends rebuked me for allowing my daughter to read a Vampire series. This same friend went to go see The Dark Knight and talked about how wonderful it was and wanted to see it again and again. Now...(she knows I am mentioning this by the way)....here is how I won the debate...IT IS ALL ENTERTAINMENT. So, when you see a man dressed in a purple suit with distorted make up walking down the street, I will tell my child to quit reading FICTION! Anyway...back to the premiere. Growing up in the Graves Home was different in alot of ways. My father was disabled and could not drive. My Mom never learned to drive (I don't blame her....crazy drivers) and so we walked or took the bus to where ever we wanted to go. I LOVED to read myself. My Mom knew this and knew that my favorite book was coming out. We saved up ( trust me very little money for extras). Our saving included bottles (yes you could get money from them) and looking for coins in the sewers (yes I did that too). Anyway, when I finally saved enough for my book...my Mom walked me to the store to buy it. Now when I say walked......we walked MILES to our nearest store. During this walk, we talked about EVERYTHING. I can still remember the talk, I can still remember the warmth of my Mom's hand. I do not remember being tired from the walk....as a matter of fact I don't remember it being trouble at all. Now for my Mom, who had worked all day in the house and had three other children to deal with...I am sure she can remember aching muscles. It is with this wonderful memory I wanted to create a memory for Megan. So, yes, I stayed up WAY past my bedtime and took Ashleigh and my Megan to the midnight party for this book at the Davis Kidd Bookstore. They did a wonderful job premiering this book! There was vampire smoothies, tons of giveaways (which Ashleigh won one) and then the final moment with the 10 second countdown. There is something about a new book that smells so good. After they came home, I gave them permission to stay up ALL night and read. About 4:00 a.m. I peeked in to see them both flipping pages. At 6:00 a.m. I peeked in and both were sound asleep and Megan with the book on her chest. At that moment I was proud of my Mom moment. The greatest part......Megan hugging me so tight and said "I will never forget this...you are the greatest Mom in the whole world!". Well, actually I am the second greatest Mom in the whole world but I did have SOOOO much fun!

No comments:


Me Strong Woman

Me & My Man. ♥

About Me

My photo
I get to wake up every day a child of God, Mrs. Jeff Balentine and the mother of Scott and Megan Balentine. My son has an amazing fiance named Brandi! One "human" dog named Zoey and the rest you have to ask!